PDA

View Full Version : memory on new head unit

shy witness
14-08-06, 04:49 PM
i fitted a new head unit(sony) 2 my car cavalier there 2day....using the original plugs and iot woz nice and easy..............electric ariel and everything is working fine..........buti've got no memeory and the stations wont save

i'm posting in here because i've exactly the same problem with my nova aswell....

i fitted a sony tape/radio 2 it 2 years ago.....and it woz the same...........the settings wouldnt save

although iu just lived with it coz i woznt to bothered as it wopz always tapes i woz listening to anyway as i had no ariel

i think i remeber some9ne saying that u had to change 2 wires round or something

does this sound right???

and if so .....what wires

thanks folks

Timmy
14-08-06, 04:51 PM
yeah thats right , its the power (red) and the igishion feed not sure what colour

philly
14-08-06, 05:14 PM
yellow and red wires....

both should have a bullet connector on the wires from the head unit. just swap them over so it goes red to yellow yellow to red

shy witness
14-08-06, 05:22 PM
thanx guys.......

i'll have a look at it in work tomorrow

philly
14-08-06, 09:44 PM
thanx guys
no worries

i'll have a look at it in work tomorrow

i love it when people say that! lol it sonds as if they have nothing else to do, hope your not a life or death surgeon lol

shy witness
14-08-06, 09:46 PM
no worries

i love it when people say that! lol it sonds as if they have nothing else to do, hope your not a life or death surgeon lol

not quite ha ha

its not that

the cars up in work ....lol

but i'll do it at lunchtime 2morrow:thumb:

Stuart
14-08-06, 10:21 PM
:mf:

swap the red and yellow feeds over.