PDA

View Full Version : Push Button Starters

Anonymous
21-02-01, 01:52 PM
Has anybody installed one of the push button starters from Richbrook. If so is it an easy job?, is it reliable?, and is it worth doing?

Cheers

B-) "I don't know karate, but i know kerrraaazy" B-)

Anonymous
21-02-01, 02:04 PM
Very easy to do, its just cables from the ignition, which you extend to the switch. the only annoying this is, you have to put the key in to the ignition, and the turn it, *2 click* then push the minty button. But that way it saves your car being taken from some tosser!!! But well worth doing if you have some spare cash!! B-)

Anonymous
21-02-01, 02:15 PM
if you really want to you could wire it up so you only have to turn the key to get the steering lock off and then you can start it!

I AM CORNHOILIO

Anonymous
21-02-01, 06:44 PM
well just 2 beat that u can actually start it by using a remote on a key fob my mate has done it on his gsi

Dont piss me off i'm running out of places to hide the bodies :D:D:D

Anonymous
23-02-01, 01:08 PM
yer i got one but u can still start it using the key whats the point off tat so i by passed it so now u have to turn the key two clicks the push the button mines made from savage and i got it from larkspeed, also it is illuminated so it looks wicked when its dark the richbrook buttons say pushstart so any1 can start it but this is just a button and not that obvious

Anonymous
23-02-01, 01:32 PM
Mrrawuk. Yes i know about the remote engine start. I'll be getting a clifford system with all the toys later on this year but for now i'm just looking for little mods to make my interior a bit more interesting.

Cheers

Anonymous
23-02-01, 05:18 PM
If you have left your car in gear (i.e. on a hill) and you push your key fob, you will see your car trying to start!! LOL! that would be funny! Is there a switch for this, i.e. (detects the car is in gear!)??? HMMM :-/

Anonymous
23-02-01, 06:42 PM
I did wonder that myself. I would assume so but you never know. I can just see the claim form now. No-one was driving, well my car was in gear and i pressed the button .......

Anonymous
24-02-01, 10:04 AM
they do have loads of sensors on the starter coz f that very reason. it wont start if the handbrkaes not on, if its in gear and a couple of other things too!!!

I AM CORNHOILIO

Anonymous
26-02-01, 06:56 PM
If you try fitting a clifford remote start to a geared car yourself and don`t fit it by the book the unit will just shut down, you then have to sent it back to them for reseting. The other way around it is to fit two relays to the alarm channels, one that turns live after ignition on when the alarm is disarmed, and the second works by closing the starter circuit for as long as the keyfob button is pressed to act as the starter button. I was going to do this with my clifford but couldn`t be arsed! :D

Anonymous
27-02-01, 09:14 AM
or get a VISIB blokey to fit it for you!!!

I AM CORNHOILIO