PDA

View Full Version : Wireing???

Anonymous
20-02-01, 07:31 PM
K, Ive got all the kit for fitting powersteering into my nova...which when it comes to goin in max will look good as a mod (bit hopful i think)

The only problem is how to wire the pump (its an electric pump from a pug 106). I only want it to come on when the engines running. Any idea how to wire it???

Anonymous
20-02-01, 08:24 PM
right. there are two ways of doing it as far as i see. 1 is a switch that YOU turn on and off to activate it. 2 is to use a relay and trigger that with the ignition ciruit, the key side of it. NOT the starting bit coz it will only work while you crank the engine

hope this was some help.

it wont be a major mod to lax as they see a ?20k paint job and a million BHP to be major mods lol

cambridge

I AM CORNHOILIO

Anonymous
21-02-01, 09:18 AM
Why get power steering? Doesn't it actually decreases the power of your car? My brothers got a Corvette Stingray and there's a massive difference in power between cars that have the power steering and ones that don't. Maybe it's just the american cars, but I'd look into it more before you get it done.

Anonymous
21-02-01, 09:44 AM
it only really saps power if its driven off the engine. he wants a electric pump so it wont kill much power

I AM CORNHOILIO