PDA

View Full Version : Stolen- Jay Gemsons Old Nova-h978gwl

SamD
13-08-06, 03:04 PM
as the title says really, had a call last night from my mechanic asking where my car was, i live 500 miles away so i sure as hell didnt have it, car was left in the barley mo pub car park,dogmersfield in the Fleet(Hampshire) area by him and after speaking to the landlord its been gone about 3 weeks. guessing the cars been stripped for parts as my m8 was apparently offered a redtop engine around a week after it was taken so tryin to chase that one up, car was uninsured as its been off the road, reward offered to anybody giving information leading to the recovery of the vehicle or the people that did it.
car details:- Black Vauxhall nova reg H978GWL/VIN VSX000093M4097827
gsi bodykit,
fully stripped interior with gsi dash
2x black cobra monaco seats
red sparco 4point harnesses
sparco ring s/wheel.
jvc mp3/cd headunit
16" speedline allesio 2's
full powerflow exhaust 3" round tip
front and rear omp strut brace's
c20xe engine w f20cr box. eng no. 14090383
fse powerboost valve
powercap
vectra v6 front brakes/cav gsi rear disks.
bout all i can think of right now but i think u get the idea, i loved this car so much and i'd do anything to meet the scum that took it. please get me some good news. you can contact me on 07922940840, Sam

matt1chelski
13-08-06, 03:11 PM
Theaving ****s. But why was it just left in a pub car park?

krobinson
13-08-06, 03:26 PM
That post makes no sence at all.

You own the car? it was left in a pub, and its gone 3 weeks? obviously whoever owns it must not give a toss if there only noticing now that its missing.

Keith

draper
13-08-06, 03:34 PM
you left your "pride and joy" in a pub car park, 500 miles away ?? and the landlord didnt notice for 3 weeks ? d try local recovery places (local to the pub, not you) as someone probably thought it was abandoned

Lee
13-08-06, 03:48 PM
Agreed, and you say it was your mechanic who left it there? Therefore if it was me he would be the first person id hold responsible.

draper
13-08-06, 03:54 PM
some mechanic, leaving a car in a pub car park - but how the hel do you not know a cars missing for 3 weeks !! not being funny mate but your gears long gone

SamD
13-08-06, 03:55 PM
sorry didnt put that very well, i moved to scotland and left the car with my mechanic to have some work done on it, things were taking longer than expected and he started asking 15quid a day storage so it got moved to a pub car park cos i know the landlord, it was well out the way in a little countryside village reasonably hidden from the road, it was taken 3 weeks ago according to the landlord who assumed the mechanic had it, i thought the mechanic had it to until he rang me last night to ask where it was. the battery was flat and the brakes where shot so would have been put on the back of a truck. gutted

draper
13-08-06, 03:57 PM
he asked storage because hre couldnt get the work done any quicker, no wonder it went, quiet village and reasonably hidden = TWOCers dream !!

Lee
13-08-06, 04:08 PM
he wanted to charge you because he was taking longer than expected to do the work? what a tosser! You should have been charging HIM to get his finger out of his ****!

Sorry, I know i dont know all the ins and outs, but you dont normally get charged by a company for storing something that theyre taking ages to fix, whatever it may be!

SamD
13-08-06, 04:15 PM
had to wait for the v5c to come back with the engine change details that were never registered before. garage wouldnt mot it until this was done. wish i'd just had it trailored up to scotland with me now but its to late for that. So many things i wished i'd done looking back but cant do **** about it now.

stuartp
13-08-06, 04:35 PM
What a b*****d! hope something turns up but it waint looking good!

RJM25R
13-08-06, 08:38 PM
Dick.

The thief will prob love it more than you did.

I repeat

DICK

ade
13-08-06, 09:02 PM
sure it aint the mechanic thats nabbed it - I'd be sussing him out - maybe he tipped someone off about it.

Cant believe they'd have to tow it or load it onto a lorry and no one saw anything!

Where bouts in Scotland you live?

Mish_16v
13-08-06, 10:58 PM
That story makes little to no sense at all... If it was insured (you're saying it wasn't) then I'd say it was an insurance job.

Sorry mate, if it's genuine and you've lost your pride and joy but the story really doesn't add up or make it sound like the car was well looked after. If my car goes to the garage I make sure it's in the lock-up. It is the mechanics duty to look after your veichle whilst it is in their care...

Dodgy story...very dodgy...

Paul16v
14-08-06, 12:28 AM
bloody nice car that too iirc!

Matt2107
14-08-06, 10:31 AM
Have you considered that the mechanic maybe had it lifted for a slice of the profit???

craig green
14-08-06, 01:09 PM
The speedlines on it were my old ones that were recovered off my stolen Cav GSi. twice theyve been nicked now then.

Hope it turns up, was a nice car.

shy witness
14-08-06, 05:00 PM
sure it aint the mechanic thats nabbed it - I'd be sussing him out - maybe he tipped someone off about it.

Cant believe they'd have to tow it or load it onto a lorry and no one saw anything!

Where bouts in Scotland you live?

thats exactly what i woz going to say myself..

i'm gutted for you mate...

i'd my 1st nova stolen..........and it vanished off the face of the earth...never to b seen again

after quite alot of cash and plenty of late hours work

and i never even managed 2 get a photo of it:cry: :cry: :cry:

i feckin hate thieves

rednova
14-08-06, 06:21 PM
Dick.

The thief will prob love it more than you did.

I repeat

DICK

bit harsh that one like wasnt it - hes moved away and had to store the car somewhere - it got stolen from here - thats like having your car nicked when youre on holiday - its not your fault

SamD
09-09-06, 06:45 PM
i'm not even gonna bother saying anything about that prick saying i didnt love it, what am i meant to do, i'm 500 miles away car needs work doing to be road legal again otherwise it'd cost ?350 quid to have it transported to where i'm living now (Dunfermline) which is more than the cost of the work that needed doing. I know its long gone but it just makes me want to build something better and faster, lifes to short for wat ifs.

RJM25R
10-09-06, 10:04 AM
i live 500 miles away

car was left in the barley mo pub car park,dogmersfield in the Fleet(Hampshire) area

its been gone about 3 weeks

car was uninsured

i loved this car so much

I love my car, and sure-as-hell wouldn't leave it 500 miles away, for 3 weeks, uninsured, on a pub car park. That's why you're clearly an imbecile!

bit harsh that one like wasnt it - hes moved away and had to store the car somewhere - it got stolen from here - thats like having your car nicked when youre on holiday - its not your fault

My car is insured. If it got nicked while I was on holiday I'd at least have a payout waiting for me!

andyrs1800
10-09-06, 12:43 PM
Please remember people, sum people dont earn 5000 per week, some people get into a bit of money trouble now and again over cars, why not try and help the guy rather than slating him for spending every penny he had on modding and fixing the car and ending up skint coz some mechanic tried to rip him off, what else could he do with it?

Good luck with finding it, i know how i would feel if it was me,

Jules
11-09-06, 12:27 PM
......it'd cost ?350 quid to have it transported to where i'm living now (Dunfermline) which is more than the cost of the work that needed doing...

Yeah but you'd still have your car.

Sorry to hear that you've lost what was an awesome car but you have to admit you've been bloody stupid in leaving it with a mechanic/friend and not to have it in secure parking (i.e. a friends garage)

I expect it's been broken into many a little piece now and sold to people all over the country.

SamD
12-09-06, 06:44 PM
yes i would still have had my car if it had been trailered here but it would still have needed the work doing to it. Yes if i knew someone was planning on stealing it it wouldnt have been left. The car park is private and well out the way and not really any different to being parked on a driveway. The main reason for me moving to Scotland was for some decent roads and a racetrack 2 miles from my house so dont tell me i didnt love my car! Who else would be prepared to move 500 miles so they could enjoy their car properly?

Stuart
12-09-06, 07:07 PM
you live and learn i guess....

Nick
12-09-06, 08:03 PM
I love my car, and sure-as-hell wouldn't leave it 500 miles away, for 3 weeks, uninsured, on a pub car park. That's why you're clearly an imbecile!

My car is insured. If it got nicked while I was on holiday I'd at least have a payout waiting for me!
Ah zip it !

Sorry to hear about your car, As STU said, you'l live and learn ! We all do "silly" things !

it's a Nova, not a life, or a Leg !