PDA

View Full Version : rally bits

chimp007_uk
12-08-06, 09:40 PM
hi all,

put a deposit on some rally bits, just wonderin how easy everything is to fit...
-quick rack
-sump guard
-fuel tank guard
-eccentric top mounts

doubt it'll be much hassle, guy i'm buying them from rallies novas (obviously), he also has a nova rally prep'd shell with msa logbook, he's getting me some pics. anyone know whats a good price?

cheers all

draper
12-08-06, 10:01 PM
recently paid ?500 for my new shell, and i got coilovers and rear disk beam, shell had 2 new rear arches/doors front wings (which were widened by an inch) and re-spray 2 years ago and has been dry-stored since. also engine bay stitch welding

chimp007_uk
12-08-06, 10:23 PM
thats a really good price!! i know the guy i'm getting the above bits from has a rear disc beam, but he is keeping that for his rally corsa... i dont have any specs of the shell yet, only that it has mot and msa logbook, which is a big big bonus... will find the specs and post up.

draper
12-08-06, 10:28 PM
i wouldnt buy 1 specially but since ive got 1 ill keep it and see how it performs !

stuartp
12-08-06, 11:18 PM
What sort is the quick rack a complete unit or just internals? 1 day tops fiiting them!

chimp007_uk
13-08-06, 12:25 AM
complete rack, ready to fit. 2.5 turns full left to right lock. can it be fitted with the engine in?

stuartp
13-08-06, 09:02 AM
Yeah really easy thats asumining you havent got a big block engine in?

chimp007_uk
13-08-06, 09:13 AM
nope, gte engine :) is it fitted from underneath the car? was looking the other day. how hard is it to get the steering centred?

stuartp
13-08-06, 09:22 AM
Easy set the rack to centre buy measuring each track rod end get them equal, mark the postion? Leave your steering lock on so it holds the steering wheel centre, then fit it from under neith and throuugh both wheel arches! it might need moving a bit but not a lot! and the tracking will be miles out so adjust it your self to something near so you can at least drive it to a carage for the 4 wheel allignment! hope this helps?

Mike
13-08-06, 09:28 AM
thats a really good price!! i know the guy i'm getting the above bits from has a rear disc beam, but he is keeping that for his rally corsa... i dont have any specs of the shell yet, only that it has mot and msa logbook, which is a big big bonus... will find the specs and post up.

MSA log books are pretty easy to get done, so i wouldnt say its a big BIG bonus tbh

Stuart
13-08-06, 09:35 AM
rack is piece of piss with small block (or big block with gearbox out lol)

Mike
13-08-06, 09:37 AM
Once your under the car its well easy, x4 13mm bolts holding the rack to the car, then just the track rod ends. Hey presto lol

chimp007_uk
13-08-06, 09:43 AM
sounds good, i did have a look under there the other day and saw the 4 bolts, but didn't think it could be just them...

Stuart
13-08-06, 09:43 AM
and the one in the car ;)

Mike
13-08-06, 09:46 AM
Oh ar, A 13mm at the bottom of the rack! Forgot about that little bugger lol

Bouch
19-08-06, 04:21 PM
The sump guard might take abit of time. You'll probably need to do abit of cutting, fabbing and welding. But a good day should polish it off!

chimp007_uk
19-08-06, 09:24 PM
comes with all brackets ready to fit, same as the fuel tank guard. guy i'm getting it all from lives round the corner from me at uni and said he'd show me how to fit it.

thanks for the help on how to fit the rack guys, much appreciated. will have to find out if it comes with track rod ends, or i'll have to get a new pair.

draper
19-08-06, 10:18 PM
how much did you pay for the rack if you dont mind me asking ?? i wouldnt mind 1, where else can you get 1 from ?

chimp007_uk
20-08-06, 10:27 AM
i bought the rack, and both guards and the eccentric top mounts for ?200. the guy lives 2mins away from my house at uni in swansea, so going to pick up the bits when i go back in a month. a mate of mine rents a lock-up so will fit it all there.

i didn't think it was a bad price, there was a quick rack on ebay last week whnt for ?70 plus postage and a used sump guard for ?100... so basically cost me ?30 for a fuel tank guard and eccentric top mounts :)

draper
21-08-06, 12:14 AM
has your guy got any more quick racks and/or eccentric top mounts ? if not ask him to put me at the top of the list !!