PDA

View Full Version : Typical!

Lee
11-08-06, 09:29 PM
Just had a speeding fine through. 91.6MPH in the Trannie on the M4 near cardiff. I had just been turned back from the bridge as I didnt have cash on me, and thought I could use a card like on the M6 Toll, therefore i was Late and Peed off

The last time I got done was at 90MPH in a Peugeot Boxer on the A43 between Northampton and Oxford, coming back from Leeds at 2 in the Morning, tired, and peed off I was made to do it all in a day by my employer.

Ive driven quick cars for years, and always been sensible, and never been caught speeding in them, the two times I get done are in Vans in a bad mood!

The Moral of the story? Dont take your annoyance out on the loud pedal because you will be made to pay! Im off to eat worms!

Ricky G
11-08-06, 09:37 PM
well im in the process of losing my license for doing 123mph on the marlow bypass goin out of high wycombe! once again i was late and annoyed and a bit 2 much of the right foot!!

Dar
11-08-06, 09:44 PM
Speeding's bad umkay!
Gutted for you mate :(

stuartp
11-08-06, 10:33 PM
Just sounds like a bit of T.F.F!!! sorry lads!

Dar
11-08-06, 10:43 PM
Indeed
http://www.ctgilles.net/images/pictars/captainobvious.gif

Jack
11-08-06, 11:01 PM
I got nicked at 93mph on the M5 in the Celica last June.

Didn't mind so much as a few miles up the road I was doing 140 lol

db_1.2
11-08-06, 11:11 PM
Have none have you heard the adverts on the radio??!!

Whats worth more, speeding, or your licence

Just stick to the limit

Or some sh*t like that anyway, mind you saying that i once got stopped on a push bike, what made it worse was it was my down hilla bike!!!

Stuart
12-08-06, 06:52 AM
good advert for modern vans though ;)

kinda like when BMW used jensen buttons 130mph prosecution as an ad for their Diesel engine lol

dannyb
12-08-06, 11:40 AM
My 04 Citroen Berlingo 1.9 non turbo diesel is lucky to top 90! At least the ride is smooth....

Paul16v
12-08-06, 11:51 AM
ive got 9 points so i dont speed anymore!!!!!!!!!!

unlucky mate maybe you should get a gps speed camera detector. i have a origin b2 and that works well.

General Baxter
12-08-06, 12:12 PM
im ok, cars off the road (come on regal i want my parts) and the work van LDV convoy (none turbo) fully loaded 3.5tons, does 50mph in 5th and takes a week to get there, so im safe lol

mad-driver
12-08-06, 12:25 PM
Until you get the urge to modify that aswell lol:D

SuperNova!
12-08-06, 12:33 PM
Do the traffic cops have cameras that work in the dark and rain?

Lee
12-08-06, 12:35 PM
Have none have you heard the adverts on the radio??!!

Whats worth more, speeding, or your licence

Just stick to the limit

I dont normally speed, my point was your more likely to get done when your not concentrating due to a foul mood

mad-driver
12-08-06, 12:36 PM
I dont normally speed, my point was your more likely to get done when your not concentrating due to a foul mood

Same with everything though isn't it, if you're not concentrating anything can happen...

Ricky G
12-08-06, 03:58 PM
lets be honest we all speed. i go down marlow bypass at the same time and speed every week as im always late and i got a 2 litre so its just too easy to go over the speed limit. i workd at same place for three years sop i would say i been down there 100 times over 100mph. as i only drive to work on saturdays.

Matt2107
14-08-06, 11:07 AM
The last time I got done was at 90MPH in a Peugeot Boxer on the A43 between Northampton and Oxford, coming back from Leeds at 2 in the

!

That is a lovely bit of road.
Was it a car that caught you because the cameras are really obvious on that road.

deanreid
14-08-06, 11:53 AM
i got caught doing 55mph in a 30mph at 3 in the morning and it was a duel carrige way there such ****ers and the other day got caught racing a bmw and day just let me off cos they got a call out

Martin
14-08-06, 12:50 PM
i got done for speeding on my my ped lol 65mph in a 40 lol

Martin
14-08-06, 12:52 PM
i got done on my moped for doing 65 in a 40 and taking corners to fast apprently

ade
14-08-06, 05:35 PM
something I didnt realise was that if you drive a panel van (your standard white van transit etc) max speed is 60! My step dad works for a service repair company and drives a toyota van - been busted twice doing 70 - once on m way and once on dual carriage way. Said he didnt realise so police gave him copy of highway code and advised him to read it!

Sarky feckers!

Prob is most moddern vans are so comfortable and nippy you forget what your driving.

Lee
14-08-06, 09:38 PM
something I didnt realise was that if you drive a panel van (your standard white van transit etc) max speed is 60! My step dad works for a service repair company and drives a toyota van - been busted twice doing 70 - once on m way and once on dual carriage way. Said he didnt realise so police gave him copy of highway code and advised him to read it!

Sarky feckers!

Prob is most moddern vans are so comfortable and nippy you forget what your driving.

Not strictly true if your under a certain weight I believe. Theres a weight boundary where a van has to stick at 60 i believe.

Of course in true BT style i could be very wrong :)

And as for being caught on the A43, it was one of the obvious cameras. Yet another trait of lack of concentration!

Stuart
14-08-06, 09:48 PM
for all new vans sold in europe they are limited to 90mph, and its coming to the uk soon... lol

novacabrio
14-08-06, 10:42 PM
i got done for speeding on my my ped lol 65mph in a 40 lol

i got done on my moped for doing 65 in a 40 and taking corners to fast apprently

They do you twice for the same crime!!:roll: ;)

Lad I used to work with for a bit has a E36 M3 limited to 155mph, a Honda 1000cc Bike capible of 190mph and is a HGV driver (the big wagons not the silly little ones) had a few points on his licence and got done at 55mph (on the limiter?) in a truck in a 40 going down hill fully loaded up. Typical considering his other toys!!

Donova
14-08-06, 11:06 PM
I got stopped doing 60 in a 40 zone in a merc sprinter but he let me off with a caution! probably because I'm an old git!lol

Ash
14-08-06, 11:41 PM
i've been stopped doing 70 in a 40 racing a mate.i just played dum and was nice and understanding and pointed out it was a duel carrageway with no speed signs (where we stopped) nor any dangers around - hung my head in shame, etc and not a single point yet - touch wood. was quite funny tho.

officer came to the window

'that almost looked like you were racing!' (noooooo)

and

'so what if your mate had to break hard coming out that slip road, your car is older so your breaks won't be as good' - thing is i was i front and then my mate passed me, his car is 6 months newer than mine and i have bigger brakes anyway - oh how i tried not to laugh.

A

SRlew
15-08-06, 09:24 AM

that is very true! both times id been pulled was due to me being angry! one because id forgot somthing so then got caught doing 50 in a 30. not much but still. and the other time coming back from wrexham, a few fuses went and lost indicators light and dash,
that time i left a police car standing at the traffic lights and was caining it round some back roads, and only just heard hime behind me! oops! lol

Jack
15-08-06, 09:53 AM
for all new vans sold in europe they are limited to 90mph, and its coming to the uk soon... lol
A lot of Jap imports are limited to 112mph, thats the first thing thats removed when the cars touch blighty lol

Matt2107
15-08-06, 10:01 AM
that is very true! both times id been pulled was due to me being angry! one because id forgot somthing so then got caught doing 50 in a 30. not much but still. and the other time coming back from wrexham, a few fuses went and lost indicators light and dash,
that time i left a police car standing at the traffic lights and was caining it round some back roads, and only just heard hime behind me! oops! lol

The only time i've been caught is when I was on the way home looking forward to my dinner. :D

Mike
15-08-06, 10:03 AM
I got cuaght doing 62.5 in a 40mph zone racing with a MG ZR, i saw the copper and hit the brakes but he slow down and proceeded to get up to 102mph and got banned!

3 points and ?90 later! lmfao