PDA

View Full Version : Wipers knocking

Anonymous
20-02-01, 12:19 PM
I have cut the T piece down by about 7-8mm and it still doesnt cover the whole windscreen, That is not a problem though. But, every time the wiper goes over to the passenger side it makes a loud knocking noise. Does N E 1 know how to solve this, or will it go when i shorten the T piece even more (2mora)?

Cheerz

I Hate wanker Pug drivers! x-(

Anonymous
20-02-01, 12:38 PM
It might be the wiper linkage knocking against the bulk head, move the linkage on the motor slightly and it should stop it!
Thats what i did when my single wiper kept knocking but yours may be different.:)

Anonymous
20-02-01, 01:58 PM
It sounds more like its coming from the area around the T piece, I'll have a look 2mora (day off, whoooo hoooo!)

Anonymous
20-02-01, 02:00 PM
Mine did the same, i adjusted the bulkhead to fit. With a lump hammer:D

Plese don't let busses pull out.

Anonymous
20-02-01, 02:17 PM
LOL @ Paul.

By the way, does any 1 know how much a new T piece will cost, just incase i do mess up!? ;)

Anonymous
20-02-01, 03:52 PM
get 1 off a nova at your nearest scrappie about ?3. Mine knocks a little bit, the way to tell is to open the bonnet and turn the wiper on, you will be able to see whats making the noise, its probably the linkage hitting either the bulkhead or the scuttle panel. If its the bulkhead, get a hammer and a long pole and bash it bash a bit. It might be a number of things so just have a look, it should be fairly obvious.
As far as the wiper not covering the window goes, it wont cover the whole window.
It will cover a large proportion of it, it should come down about 6 inches from the bottom of the screen either side, set it up so it covers a bit more on the drivers side, also get a big blade like 19 or maybe 20 inches, this will give you a wider coverage area.

Thanks

I H8 fat wankers in Lorries !!!!!
:O:O:O