PDA

View Full Version : Dash Replacement

nova ian
11-08-06, 12:18 PM
I am planning on putting a Mk1 dash into my Mk2 nova. I know that the dash will go straight in, but will i need the Mk1's wiring loom? or will I still be able to use the Mk2's loom.

any info appreciated

SRlew
11-08-06, 08:49 PM
i would of thought you'd keep you original one. only thing you'll have to do is swap a couple of plugs ( the part the connects to a control) if you know what i mean.

i dont think i could be bothered to do a dash swap again. lol

Jack
11-08-06, 08:54 PM
The heated rear window/blower control knob needs some of the wires shuffling round slightly - see Haynes manual - but the rest should be fine. I think the control cables for the air duct directions and heater temperature have different clips on the end from Mk1-Mk2 as well, but I think you can use one set or the other (just can't remember which... lol)

SRlew
13-08-06, 07:22 PM
yer the heater ducting needs changing and the cables.

novamadcars
14-08-06, 08:55 PM
is it a hard job of fitting a mk 2 dash two a mk 1 nova?
how long will it take as ive never done this befor.

Nova_Houch7
15-08-06, 02:51 AM
well it took us bout hour or so, to put my mk2 gsi dash in my mk1, could have been done quicker, but werent rushing anything, had to take all plugs off as didnt go straight in, therefore had to reconnect all wiring together, like said, u'll need mk1 air ducts.
the heater mechanism is slightly diff as i notice with mine.

Easier job than id first thort tho.
And lucky my mechanic is also good wioth his electronics.

L

nova ian
15-08-06, 10:16 AM
so it might be worth cutting some of the plugs from the mk1's loom, aswell as grabbing the heater ducts then.

Also does anyone know is there any difference between a grey mk1 dash and the gte dash? just wondered as with the mk2's the gsi was black, so just wondered if theres a difference for the gte's??

Thanks everyone

Nova_Houch7
15-08-06, 11:58 AM
im not sure if theres a difference, in my old mk1 1.2 i had the brown dash lol, nice.......not! Would have thort GTE ones are pretty much the same. better off seein wat sumone else says rely.

Air ducts definatley, 3 of them i think isnt there......also if u dont need it, can i have your centre air duct coming from matrix to the centre fan grilles, next to hazard switch?

L

Jack
15-08-06, 02:10 PM
All the Mk1 dashes are the same, and all the Mk2's are the same (aside from the odd poverty spec ones which don't have the side air vents etc). The only differences are when you swap Mk1 > Mk2 and vice versa.

Yup, three parts to the duct iirc - the centre section which connects to the central vents, and a duct going to each of the side vents. I think on my saloon I left the side vent ducts out because the heater matrix was a poverty spec one and didn't have the holes in it for the side vents.

Philsutton
15-08-06, 05:20 PM
all the same apart from colour ect.., some early mk1's came with a light brown/orange dash beautiful.

RJM25R
15-08-06, 06:29 PM
I am planning on putting a Mk1 dash into my Mk2 nova. I know that the dash will go straight in, but will i need the Mk1's wiring loom? or will I still be able to use the Mk2's loom

Why on earth would you put the hard crap dash out of a mk1 in a mk2?
It looks crap, feels crap and will vibrate more than a mk2....