PDA

View Full Version : traders policies ?

draper
09-08-06, 08:33 PM
does anyone know roughly how much a traders policy is ? at the garage i used to work at his was so much he payed for any damages, but he was insured to drive any vehicle worth any money. and also any person he said could drive on that policy, i dont want this much cover i ujust want say, to be able to drive anything worth upto 40-50K, and only me/employees allowed ?

aswrally
17-09-06, 10:55 PM
mine is ?800 quid i cannot personally own an imprezza evo or cossie on it thou.....but can drive customers own cars

Rx Jamie
18-09-06, 10:09 AM
which companies do traders policies and what are the conditions. ie age, limitations, business ownership etc

aswrally
18-09-06, 06:04 PM
theres loads of companies just google it but i have to prove im a trader with accounts , invoices etc
as for age being an old **** helps at times
it like any other insurance theres loads to consider not just age etc all depends on the individuals circumstances
even with a traders policy you still have to inform the insurance company on the vehicles you personally own so it can be logged on the insurance database if you dont and you get pulled it will come back as no cover and you are likely to get the vehicle taken off you

sillynova
19-09-06, 10:59 AM
im 25 and got a traders policey. mines ?913 and i can drive anything up to the value of 25k. my sister is 21 and a named driver on my policey. u got 2 options depends how u wanna do it. mine is a part time policey cos i have a day time job. which mean i dont need to prove im a trader untill i earn over a certain amount. but my mate has a policey his is about ?2400 but he does it full time. and were with the same company. u gotta be over 25 with most tade insurane companies i think.

rednova
21-09-06, 06:04 PM
how do you inform the insurance company of what cars are your own ? and or friends customers etc, is there any limitations to when you can drive these?

aswrally
22-09-06, 12:17 AM
how do you inform the insurance company of what cars are your own ? and or friends customers etc, is there any limitations to when you can drive these?
i inform the insurance online or over the phone of my own vehicles i just give them reg no and model
i have no limitations on mine i have my policy for business use inc recovery and any vehicle up to 7.5t and also for social domestic and pleasure purposes. basically drive anything 24/7 365 days a year

rednova
22-09-06, 06:14 PM
can you recommend any good companies?, im 24 at the moment but will be 25 soon enough, im a panelbeater by trade but i want to be able to buy and sell cars too part time etc