PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking Problem

Anonymous
17-02-01, 04:18 PM
Guys,
Decided to finally get around to doing my central locking and leccy windows today. Everything was going fine till I tried the central locking. It's Vauxhall, not microscan, but it doesn't work right. Basically, the drivers door motor is working fine, as you can hear the relay clicking, and I've tested the slave wires using a test light, and it's diffinately sending a signal, so whats wrong? I'm guessing that it's the passenger side motor wiring, as when I've swapped the motors over they work fine. So how should it be wired? The motors have 6 pin connectors, so which pins should the 2 wires be going to?

Cheers!

Chris

Anonymous
18-02-01, 05:31 PM
Anyone? At the moment I've just got a car full of dangling wires, it would be nice to be able to put it back together again soon!

Wardy

Anonymous
18-02-01, 06:10 PM
do any of the doors lock??
does the passenger door lock just by key?

if its just the passenger door not locking with central locking kit its your solenoid. to test it put it in the drivers door.

Anonymous
18-02-01, 06:30 PM
and if it still dont work read mickys guide and start all over again :)

Anonymous
18-02-01, 07:02 PM
I've swapped the solenoids over, and both generate the signal for the relay when in the drivers door position, so they aren't broken. Oh well ,lloks like I'm off to maplins to get a simple 2 wire solenoid for the passenger side.

Chris