PDA

View Full Version : tyre probs:(

Anonymous
16-02-01, 11:16 PM
my sr is lowered bout 80mm at front,and the front tyres dont last more than 3 months,it might have sommit to do with me driving like a fuckin nutter:D
any suggestions, ive had the trackin done,there shortened shox.

its just really pissin me off as i use 195/45 and there quite a price to keep replacing.

im getting a front strut brace anyway,but do u think this will reduce the tyre wear much,as it will stiffen the car,more,although its already quite stiff as i have a 6 point cage.

Anonymous
16-02-01, 11:27 PM
yes mate u will have to adjust the camber on the front ov your car
mine is lowerd about the same and i mounted my shocker tops 9mm further outwards and got the tracking redone and its cured mine

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
17-02-01, 09:57 AM
If the camber is out it will wear the inside edge of the tyres. Another alternative to mickys sugestion (especially good for a 2.0) is to get a TAS track arm strengthening kit you have to weld them in yourself or get it done. It consists of a plate to strengthen the track arms (which is good to reduce torque steer on 2.0 conversions) also it has a rose joint for the inner bush which will allow you to adjust the camber. These are on offer at the moment to PNG members at ?35 instead of ?75.:)

Plese don't let busses pull out.

Anonymous
17-02-01, 03:32 PM
Get your bushes changed on the tie bar and lower arms cause they will proably be fucked!!