PDA

View Full Version : How does it feel?

Clutch
08-08-06, 08:52 PM
Did some one of here have change the original prom to the racing chip (with rev limit at 7300rpm and diferent map) for E16SE Bosch L 3.1 Jetronic?
I have my E16SE tuned up and i?m going to see what the chip can do in these conditions, i don?t wanna carbs and if the chip were a waste of time i?m going to a stand alone fuel management sistem.

But before, like i said ask any one try one of these?

Cheers mates

Adam
08-08-06, 08:54 PM
Peak power peaks off way before that tho, so whats the point of the higher rev limit?

Clutch
08-08-06, 08:59 PM
So what can i do? My car goes really fast to the limit of revs at 5 speed.
Yesterday i tryed and it tooks less then 40sec in 0 to rev limit in 5 speed.

Gunzi
08-08-06, 09:22 PM
I'd say leave the chip, the money could be better spent depending on the spec of your engine. As LLTN says the power peaks off at around 5.2k rpm and trails off quite fast after that.

Maybe spend the money on porting the cylinder head or an uprated cam? You'd see better gains from these mods IMO.

I'm not sure what you mean by this:

"My car goes really fast to the limit of revs at 5 speed.
Yesterday i tryed and it tooks less then 40sec in 0 to rev limit in 5 speed."

Clutch
08-08-06, 09:52 PM
I'd say leave the chip, the money could be better spent depending on the spec of your engine. As LLTN says the power peaks off at around 5.2k rpm and trails off quite fast after that.

Maybe spend the money on porting the cylinder head or an uprated cam? You'd see better gains from these mods IMO.

I'm not sure what you mean by this:

"My car goes really fast to the limit of revs at 5 speed.
Yesterday i tryed and it tooks less then 40sec in 0 to rev limit in 5 speed."

I already have that parts. My engine is fully loaded what i need now is electronics.

Gunzi
08-08-06, 09:57 PM
Fairplay :)

Get the T40's...!

Timmy
08-08-06, 10:19 PM
what chip you after i knwo someone who can get hold of mangment chip i'll ask him what it call just so i ask him for the right part LOL

Gunzi
10-08-06, 09:15 AM
Also what injectors are you running? If you're planning on significantly upping the fuel load you don't really want the injectors running over 95% duty. Larger injectors like 16v GTE ones would work better with the increased fuel.