PDA

View Full Version : gear linkage problem

Anonymous
16-02-01, 10:48 PM
im currently fitting my 1.8(from astra gte 8v,C reg) into me nova,ive got the shafts and engine mounts sorted,but what about the gear linkages.does this fit into the nova or is it too long,or do i have to fit the nova linkages on to the gear box.I would like to use the linkages and gear lever from the astra,as the mechanism feels alot smoother and the pull up reverse is sweet. :D
also is the box the same as on a 2l 16v :-/

Anonymous
17-02-01, 09:41 AM
I've just finished setting up the gear change on my 2.0 8v with F16 box, you will most likely have an F20 box but it is almost identical. Firstly all I will say is prepare yourself for a lot of f***ing about :(. I used the standard F16 linkage on the box coupled to the standard nova lever, There is a clamp on the rod from the nova lever which alows you to alter the position of the lever. I found the gear stick was too far back so it caught on the seats and you couldn't get 2nd or 4th I removed the clamp and shortened the clamp by about 15mm then replaced it, it now works fine apart from it took ages to set it correctly. I couldn't get reverse? in the end I manually put the gearbox in to reverse and a mate held the gear lever in the 1st position while I clamped it, this worked:). But it took about 6-7 attempts to get it:(.

Plese don't let busses pull out.

Anonymous
17-02-01, 10:22 AM
Sorry I didn't read it correctly, If you are fitting a 1.8 8v it will have an F16 not an F20 like the2.0 16V.:O

Plese don't let busses pull out.