PDA

View Full Version : Flush Boot

Nutty Nova
08-08-06, 12:11 PM
Have any of you guys fitted a flush boot skin?
I have bought a skin but wondered how you guys fitted yours

Cheers

ade
08-08-06, 08:44 PM
what kind of skin is it?

If its the one that runs up the sie of the window a little ythen for a proper fit you need to cut away the existing area where the panel will go and bond in place.

If its just the panel that goes along the lower 1/4 you should cut the lower section away and bond in place or you can bond directly over it but again it depends on the quality and it will more than likely crack on the edges if not done properly.

The way it looks will depend totally on the quality of the panel.

novaco
08-08-06, 09:11 PM
iirc...burgo fitted one for baxter...hes the best one to ask

letmelive
09-08-06, 05:05 PM
we just welded mine up, even though it's the safer way it was hard to get smooth as we have a pearl paint and shows up th smallest of bumps

ade
09-08-06, 08:01 PM
what about a perspex sheet bonded to the back with the top edge angled to fit the contour of the hatch?

I considered this - you only need a 5mm thick sheet (B&Q do them) then just reinforce the recess section and back fill with expanding foam (to reinforce it all you need is a block of styrofoam the pink stuff cut to shape - its dense enough to withstand pushes)
For the botto edge you can use a cut out section of perspex plastic welded into place (you can buy plastic weld from model shops - it melts perspex and they use it for display stands so its tough) - bond to the hatch with tiger seal or similar and skim the edges with filler/resin for uber bond!

ade
09-08-06, 08:03 PM
or insterad of plastic sheet use a 1.2mm sheet of galvanised steel (can get from B&Q) cut a section out the bottom of it to fit the recess so it can be folded over and back fill recess as above. Bond with tiger seal as above skim edges and spray - perfect!