PDA

View Full Version : bottom ball joints

therealnovaboy
07-08-06, 09:28 AM
i was wandering if anyone has problems with there bottom ball joints, i changed my drivers side one about 3 month ago and its brocken again already im pretty sure thats my forth one in abt a 30 000 miles, is this common on novas that have been lowerd. mines lowerd 60m and i havnt done any camber modifications i was wondering if this had somthing to do with it putting wear on them at the wrong angle or somthing?

mikey14sr
07-08-06, 05:52 PM
Broken as in smashed to bits? never had a problem like that myself, but there is a better system available if you have the money, works-style uniball conversion, but I think that involves some cuttong and welding of the bottom arm.

novamadman
07-08-06, 06:23 PM
Broken as in smashed to bits? never had a problem like that myself, but there is a better system available if you have the money, works-style uniball conversion, but I think that involves some cuttong and welding of the bottom arm.

uniballs are quite prone to breaking although i wouldnt imagine they would break on a car that has bushes elsewhere taking the strain.

they are probably a bit over the top for a road car.

Not sure why they are breaking - go round every nut and bolt at the front end of the car make sure its properly tightened and them set you tracking and camber.

shane

Philsutton
07-08-06, 06:26 PM
is everything straight? how do you park, wait for the wheel to **** the kurb before youve achieved the required position?

Ive never had a problem with them, even on high powered cars that get hammered 24/7

SuperNova!
07-08-06, 06:46 PM
A new one of mine snapped while I was on full lock and bent my wing and broke my tyre.

:thumb:

stuartp
07-08-06, 07:01 PM
My cousins corsa's n/s broke doin 40-50mph down the lanes! one big skid mark, bang went the tyre and a bent wing was the out come that was only 8 months old! S*^s law!!

Stanley
07-08-06, 07:32 PM
i had problems with lower O/S balljoints going slack in the hub

fitted 3 and still no joy

fitted new hub and that seemed to do the trick

quite posible that youve elongated(spelling) the hole in the hub

quite easily done.....

apparently Quinton Hazel are quite guilty of dodgy nova balljoints

therealnovaboy
08-08-06, 08:00 AM
there not brocken into peices just worn out, the ball has quite alot of play in it and when your drivin along you can feel the car wandering a bit when you hold the steering wheel still, dont know it was mabee just a dodgy ball joint but it has done it a few times now has anyone got a picture of this other type of ball joint ive never heard of them or seen them before