PDA

View Full Version : Alternator trouble

Anonymous
15-02-01, 09:20 AM
Looks like i'm gonna need a new alternator as my battery's not charging right X-(
How much am i looking at for a new one or a reconditioned one ?
Does anyone reccomend reconditioned ones or are they dodgy ?

will someone buy my car :)
lee@novaload.net

Anonymous
15-02-01, 09:47 AM
Is the charge warning light lit up on the dash? If not it will be the battery not the alternator. What type of alternator is it? With the bosch ones the brushes wear out, This is easy and cheap to fix, on the back of the alternator there is a small rectifier pack, this contains the rectifier and the bushes, all you have to do is unscrew it and fit a new one(comes with new brushes). The hardest part will be finding the rectifier pack, The last one I got cost between ?8-?12 I think. There is not much to go wrong with the rest of the alternator so it's worth a try. Try coopers alternators 0113 250 3464 Yeadon, near leeds brad airport.:)

Anonymous
15-02-01, 10:12 AM
I have one right here on my desk at work off a 92J :p

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---

Anonymous
15-02-01, 10:48 AM
Sorry lads, but i had to call someone out to it :(
It was an emergency and will now cost me more than a DIY job. X-(

will someone buy my car :)
lee@novaload.net

Anonymous
15-02-01, 06:57 PM
your not a very good salesman...

Anonymous
15-02-01, 07:04 PM
Well at least whoever buys it will know the alternator is o.k

Ease Yourself Back Into Conciousness !!!!!
:D

Anonymous
17-02-01, 08:27 PM
Hi, I have 2 engines, both have alternators, im not sure which engine will b goin in my car, but i will have a spare alternator! So u can have it for a bargain price!!!!
And i can garantee ya that it works!!
O ye, r u sure ur earth strap hasnt broke? Try putting a cable from the top fixing bolt of ut alternator to a nut on ur suspension strut and c if it works then!!

Dicko :)