PDA

View Full Version : de-locking

bigbened
06-08-06, 10:47 AM
Right I need to set about delocking my car next weekend and i need to know what I need.

I have not got central locking (dunno if this makes a difference)

do you have to weld a plate to the back of the door and then fill over it? Someone i know used aroldite to stick the plate on!

any help will be great, cheers

Adam
06-08-06, 03:16 PM
Ye, weld to the back of the door, and filler the outside smooth.
You will need Remote Central locking, else you can't get in your doors,Lol.

bigbened
06-08-06, 03:35 PM
if i take the lock out, there wont be a lock no more will there. lol

im just not geting my head around something?

o and how hard is it to wire in the locking kit

probert_nova
06-08-06, 07:59 PM
are you just removing the lock from the boot? ad thinks your getting rid of the locks on your doors aswell i think, which means you'll need a remote central locking kit. can be bought off ebay with solenoids cheaply.

to open your boot, buy a boot popper, corsacentre.com sell them.

Adam
06-08-06, 08:11 PM
I thought he was delocking the doors? Lol

bigbened
06-08-06, 11:04 PM
yer im doing the doors and boot

Matt2107
07-08-06, 01:19 PM
If you can't weld then you could always fibre glass a patch of mesh in behind.

Not quite as strong but works the same.

bigbened
07-08-06, 03:45 PM
sound cheers for the help ill have a bash the weekend

mikey14sr
07-08-06, 05:55 PM
*tip of the day*

get the remote central locking kit in and working properly before you remove the locks, sounds daft but I've seen it done and even without locks even I can unlock a nova in 5 seconds.

Timmy
07-08-06, 05:58 PM
Brick Window LOL who can't

Timmy
07-08-06, 06:00 PM
I had a set of "bolts" made up with a thread in the back so it tigheted up and clamped on the door skin works really well and saves wedling and mash paint jobs, no pics sorry car in body shop

ade
07-08-06, 10:36 PM
bolts are okay but havent seen them for ages - I got some stubby bolts and a 20mm washer from B&Q when I did mine - they sat proud so had to grind the edge of the washers a tad tso they sat in the holes and then once fitted ground the head off the bolt (it was one of them domes ones) - sealed it all up with resin on the inside and smoothed with filler - build it up slowly though as it tends to sink a tad and then you can see where the locks used to be.

Timmy
07-08-06, 10:53 PM
to be honest i had metal mechined up for my locks then a thread drilled and cut in to the back i can get more made up if intrested i think they were about ?30. i would get piuck but A my car is sick and in boduy shop and two i glued them in to stop water gewtting in.