PDA

View Full Version : Need To Go Lower

Anonymous
14-02-01, 05:27 PM
I have fitted to my Nova GTE a lowering kit of ?30 to ?40-mm and I am not that happy with the drop.
I looked at other Novas (On this web site and actual cars) who have also been lowered the same amount and have the same wheel size of 15? but their drop seems to be more significant. The rear arch seems to be closer to the wheel rim and the front is closer to the tyre.
Before I go and change the springs to ?60mm, I have seen advertisements for springs that low but they are not specified for the GTE/GSI/SR.
Does anybody know as to why this is the case.

Anonymous
14-02-01, 07:34 PM
Hi mate

If these are ner springs then you need to give them some time to settle in as they do go lower trust me

Jon B-)

Anonymous
14-02-01, 11:43 PM
Yep...you have to let them settle, as with most things.....they need a little time to bed-in.

Anonymous
15-02-01, 09:13 AM
I don't agree with the time issue, just take your car for a rip, chuck it into some hard left and right hand turns (not too fast) and it will soon settle down. Mine was dropped down pretty much straight away, I dunno I mite have just been lucky.

I H8 fat wankers in Lorries !!!!!

Anonymous
15-02-01, 09:31 AM
Mine took about a week to settle but what you have got to remember is gte/gsi weigh more so they end up lower also how much ice do you have in the boot!!!

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---

Anonymous
15-02-01, 10:09 AM
Firstly thanks to all that has replied.

They have been on the car for over 4 months so bedding in isnt the case. As for ice i do not have any as i like my windows in one piece if i have to leave the car any where.
In fact there doesnt seem to be any difference in drop from the standard GTE springs. Would the -60mm springs that are for the other Novas be ok for a GTE.

Anonymous
15-02-01, 04:46 PM
Right then, I`ve also got a GTE and fitted -40`s to the back. The first thing to try is removing some of the rear bumstop material (i cut mine down to less than an inch) The bumpstops are found under the shocker sleeves. This will give the suspension more travel and help it to bed down. The reason GTE`s are quoted differently in the listings is because they are already lower than other novas, so dropping a gte 40 would be like dropping a none GTE -60 or more. PMC do -60 gte springs if you get stuck, but you will be sat on the bumpstops unless you remove even more. ;)

Anonymous
16-02-01, 08:32 PM
it took about a year for me to get a decent drop on my back springs although the fronts whent down stright away

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
20-02-01, 01:13 PM
For the ultimate lowering, I used -60mm springs + spring clamps.

About 70 - 80mm low but I went through many sets of driveshafts. But know I'm going to save for AVOs.B-)