PDA

View Full Version : Help with electric window circuits!!!!

discoinferno
04-08-06, 09:14 AM
hey guys

i recently reshelled my nova due to the dreaded tin worm :tard: .... but having removed everything and fitting it to the new shell i can't get the electric windows to work!

well i dont see where it gets power from as it goes from the drivers side to the switches in centre console and over to the passenger side, also the central locking is in the same mini loom as well!

what i cant understand is where the mini loom plugs in to get power for the windows i spent ages checking wires only to realise that it wasnt connected to any power sorce:cry:

jus wondered if any body knew where they connect or tap into on the main in car loom.. there are a pair of red and black connectors in the drivers side is that the pick up for power?????:wtf:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/RSGBodystylingska/novaloom.jpg

LD16v
04-08-06, 11:12 AM
I removed electric windows from a rotten Mk1 nova and just waiting to fit to my nova, far as i remember the circuit gets its - from screw beside gearstick. The + plugs into the fusebox, look right hand side of F/Box there is small sockets(3or4 of them) I think it is the 2nd socket from the bottem of fusebox. Hope this helps.

macc nova
04-08-06, 11:42 AM
Both wires plug into the fuse box, on the right side into the 2nd and 3rd slots up from the bottom. I think the black go's below the red but not sure ( not 100%)

macc nova
04-08-06, 11:43 AM
dont ya just love wiring

Ash
04-08-06, 11:52 AM
red is +12v and black is igniton.

A

discoinferno
04-08-06, 09:10 PM
cheers windows working