PDA

View Full Version : broke my engine wot to do

scott smith
03-08-06, 07:47 PM
i have a nova 1.2i its only done 32000 miles yesterday i drove in to a flood and i have bent the cod rod any one got any ideas on wot i can do apart from putting a c20xe in it will a bottom end off of a 1.4i corsa fit thanks

General Baxter
03-08-06, 08:35 PM
ummm, say that again, you got the engine wet and a con rod went lol

sorry but what a load of bollox lol

theres loads of 1.2i engines about, most of the time there free ;)

Adam
03-08-06, 08:50 PM
ummm, say that again, you got the engine wet and a con rod went lol
sorry but what a load of bollox lol
Ermmm yes, thats true and can happen.

Drive through a big puddle, water enters air intake(through filter etc), fills the bores, piston comes up, oh dear water is not compressable, weakest part gives(con rod) and bends.

General Baxter
03-08-06, 08:54 PM

Drive through a big puddle, water enters air intake(through filter etc), fills the bores, piston comes up, oh dear water is not compressable, weakest part gives(con rod) and bends.

how deep what the puddle, was it a lake?lol

General Baxter
03-08-06, 08:54 PM

how deep what the puddle, was it a lake?lol

Adam
03-08-06, 09:03 PM
Hitting a puddle at 40ish mph is bound to create a splash ;)

Zakstaff
03-08-06, 09:20 PM
afraid hes right mate, conrod is the weakest part and water cannot be compressed, just wanted to know did you bend the valves?

Gunzi
04-08-06, 01:58 PM
I drove my old nova into a ford, and it got stuck. I had to bail out off the bonnet. Turns out water had splashed into the intake and fuct the AFM completely. I was lucky the water got no further!

Matt2107
04-08-06, 02:00 PM
I'm the first to admit... I love driving through a massive puddle at a considerable speed.

Might stop that now.

Lee
04-08-06, 03:51 PM
I tried desperartely to fill my old BMW's engione with water by driving up a stream. I got further than a pleb in a landrover, mainly because i was going at a fair lick.

The bugger still drove to the scrapyard though, even after a 'Driver' style coming together with a few trees.

ANyhoo, as mentioned, 1.0 engines are normally free or the amount of a few beers, stick a wanted ad in the for sale section for one.

scott smith
04-08-06, 05:12 PM
the water was about 2ft deep does any one know if a corsa b 1.2i fit state in my car coz i have just stiped it down and i have bend one con rod and snapped another one. can anyone tell me the engine code is it c12nz

Adam
04-08-06, 05:44 PM
Ye corsa 1.2i is the same engine.