PDA

View Full Version : Anything else...

Rexy
02-08-06, 11:25 AM
As may know I've built myself a nova saloon with a 1.0l pure beast of an engine lolanyways... what a ball ache I’ve had over the last few days... arrrgggg

Started off nice and early Monday morning, making sure everything is ready for Tuesday to test drive it blah blah. Everything seemed ok, everything worked ran fine nice and happy. Onto Tuesday, took it out in the morning just on my street and there was a mashooosive wobble and a rather nice clunk. so back to the drive it went turns out to be a tyre with a flat spot. So sorted that one, then ouhhh what’s this the gearbox started leaking.

So, naturally I had to check what was happening over there, took the hub off as i thought the shaft may of popped out, it seemed to be in ok but as i pushed the shaft it didnt feel quite right and out it came leaving the cv in the box.

Few hours later, after soring out a new calibra CV i fixed it all back up and tried again, seemed ok for a while went to the petrol station and started to fill up, ouhh the nova has now pee'd itself all over the forecourt. So, a quick drive home and back on the drive once more. Sorted that no problems, bust fuel pipe. So what’s next...

Well... off to Halfords to buy some new leads as there very mismatched/old/broken things and the engine was running poorly. Apart from some nobhead in front of me nearly causing me to get my beast killed it went ok until... that’s right POP. Well there goes the shaft again so limped to macdonalds where it dropped its gearbox oil YET again.

A quick tow home and removal of the NS shaft YET again, it appears the shaft is too small that’s In comparison to a std nova shaft hence its pulling out all the time. Either that or its scared of getting jiggy with my gearbox.

So a quick trip to riggys garage to source a new shaft, :thumb:thing is, i got back home. Changed the cv's over again and the shaft is suited for astra outers and not nova…
So I’m stuck again, yet more phone calls and more stress and it turns out sexy Sean has a gte shaft I can use. So now i just need a Cav mk2 1600 inner I22 O34 and im away again. Well at least until something else goes wrong.

I have the feeling this nova hates me already :roll:

Dar
02-08-06, 11:59 AM
Poor Rexy:cry:
Keep battling on. My mate got his 2l Mini on the road for the first time in about a year or so yesterday and it decided to try and torch itself. So your not alone:)

Matt2107
02-08-06, 12:01 PM
It never rains... it pours.

Hope you didnt loose too much money replacing the petrol and gear box fluid.

Get some pics up.

I want a new nova. :(

Rexy
02-08-06, 12:01 PM
lol, Guess it makes things more interesting :D

nothing more fun than trying to fix a shaft on macdonalds carpark with the local chavvy boy racers looking at you thinking, **** i wonder if my car looks like that behind the wheel :thumb:

Oh and on a plus note, I've got some kooool ball bearings to play with from the cv :D

NovalutionGSi
02-08-06, 12:12 PM
its more fun being towed when a CV's gone, you ball bearing every fooker on the road, found that one out with the Grey SR after alil insident with a Level crossing, an Audi TT and excess speed!

Rexy
02-08-06, 01:45 PM
Update:

Riggy the ledgend that has it sourced me two inner cvs for a cav mk2 :D hes a god. just need to pick them up and get to seans now...

Adam
02-08-06, 02:01 PM
Sounds like its cursed,Lol.

BigStan
02-08-06, 03:12 PM
hope it is all sorted soon mate !

ANDYRACER
02-08-06, 04:16 PM
Your an unlucky ****er arent you lol

Jack
02-08-06, 06:24 PM
Its because it didn't like being repainted ;)

Rexy
03-08-06, 08:18 AM
all sorted, took me half an hour this morning to get the shaft back in and built up. Tbh, its my first xe conversion, so im expecting things to go wrong lol.

Turns out the shaft which I originally had was about 2" too short. Im really glad this happened actually as i could of been a million miles from home and the same thing happens.

Big thanks to sean and Riggy again

TommySR
03-08-06, 11:56 AM
^^ very true, best that all the teething problems decide to show themselves now rather than miles away from home on the way to a show etc.