PDA

View Full Version : Blydstien head

kronk10
01-08-06, 08:08 PM
Hi what makes a blydstien group b head or group a and what do these groups mean . Is porting and polishing plus a cam got anything to do with it. I was wondering cus iam having my 1.4 tuned and its having headwork done (1.6 gte head) plus i have never understood any of this stuff:confused: IAM THICK:cry:

Stuart
01-08-06, 08:12 PM
its packs not "group"

A pack is a basic port (removing casting marks etc)
B pack is bigger valves and porting to suit

there are A+ and B+ packs too where you get marginally better stuff from there.

Cams have feck all to do with the work from Ivor Searl (they do blyndensteins work now)

Adam
01-08-06, 08:13 PM
Bill Blydenstein.....

Check his website for exactly what group b/a/b+ etc mean.
Blydenstein Engineering Limited (http://www.blydenstein.co.uk/)

Personally, i would of started with a 14se head, slightly better than gte as compression is higher.

Stuart
01-08-06, 08:15 PM
hmmmmmmmm the extra cash that people blag the 14se heads for isnt worth it imho as you can get a 1.6 head for feck all and skim the bastid which isnt ezpensive ;)

Adam
01-08-06, 08:17 PM
True, i bought a 14se head, because it should hold its value well in the future :p Lol

Stuart
01-08-06, 08:18 PM
delluded :p

kronk10
01-08-06, 08:18 PM
hmmmmmmmm the extra cash that people blag the 14se heads for isnt worth it imho as you can get a 1.6 head for feck all and skim the bastid which isnt ezpensive ;)

Thats what iam having done and 1.6 heads have bigger valves;) but in general there basically identical

kronk10
01-08-06, 08:19 PM
True, i bought a 14se head, because it should hold its value well in the future :p Lol

As long as the car goes faster i dont carelol

Adam
01-08-06, 08:20 PM
Same valves in 14se and 16se heads ;)

Fair do's if you got the head for a low price tho.

kronk10
01-08-06, 08:25 PM
Same valves in 14se and 16se heads ;)

Fair do's if you got the head for a low price tho.

About 20 quid but iam so pissed off they (protune) have had my car 3 weeks now. Due to lateness of parts and me being stupid enough to say ''take your time'' its hopefully back this week, with upgraded 16 valve calipers on cus normal nova brakes are horrid.

kronk10
01-08-06, 08:37 PM
What more can i do to get more bhp out of the little 1.4, my spec when its done is (this is a rough spec) newmann road rally cam, 1.6 gte ported and polished, rebuilt twin 40's (webber) sportex full system and 4-2-1 manifold oh and rebuilt bottom end with new big end shells and arp rod bolts:confused: i think thats what iam having done but i will wait untill i get my spec sheet back and rolling road figures. I really wanna see over 100bhp if i can hit 110+ i will be well chuffed. But probally will get 100bhp (i hope).

Any tips on more power new sport leads and plugs dizzy ? i want an everyday drive car so nothing silly like a rally camlol

Stuart
01-08-06, 08:39 PM
that should see 110bhp... expensive HT leads do feck all to give you a "gain"

just get it built and setup properly (but seeing as your a tad green ill put money on them setting up in such a way that it slips out of tune so you have to keep going back ;) )

kronk10
01-08-06, 09:57 PM
that should see 110bhp... expensive HT leads do feck all to give you a "gain"

just get it built and setup properly (but seeing as your a tad green ill put money on them setting up in such a way that it slips out of tune so you have to keep going back ;) )

I aint green you cheeky sod:mad: i looked around for ages to find someone who was recommended. I couldnt find any tuners in derby with a rolling road so i was told to give these guys a ring. They are really nice guys but i have told them i am pissed of because it has taken so long. I have been done over in the past and will NOT let it happen again. I know what and where to look for when it comes to tuning etc i just havent got the skills to do it myself so i let pro's do it. They are very respectable guys so it shouldnt be a prob........ GREEN YOUVE GOT BALLSlol

Stuart
01-08-06, 10:01 PM
:p you take an engine to a builders and ask them to be "powerfull" etc then they might think "ohh we can make repeat money from this one"

think about it before getting all hurt and cry :p

kronk10
01-08-06, 10:09 PM
:p you take an engine to a builders and ask them to be "powerfull" etc then they might think "ohh we can make repeat money from this one"

think about it before getting all hurt and cry :p

God you would have to be stupid to do thatlol i told them what i wanted out of my car and suggested a few bits and bobs after looking into big power 1.4's on here. But i didnt want a over the top undrivable nova so i told them what had happened in the past with a so called pro tuner in derby!!!! anyone heard of fittsy of top boss performance i wanted my webbers setting up to run on my 1.4 sr and i must have gone back three times in a month and a half. Then he wanted 300 quid to fit me a webcon fuel pump which i did not need, so i stay well clear of those kind of people. Actually i have heard of some bad stories about top boss perfromance. Its so bad that people who are obviously passionate about cars can try and rip you off.

What engine are you running mate

Stuart
01-08-06, 10:11 PM
1.8 TD engine in the 205 :p

but building very very very slowly a 1.2 ;) spec

kronk10
01-08-06, 10:13 PM
1.8 TD engine in the 205 :p

but building very very very slowly a 1.2 ;) spec

Do it big power 1.2 that would be bonkers. Everyone thinks iam stupid for tuning a 1.4 but you have got balls DO ITlol

kronk10
01-08-06, 10:16 PM
WHAT WOULD A 100BHP+ NOVA 1.4 make on qaurter mile strip just wondering as my nova did a 18.3 on standard engine running unsetup twin webberslol

Stuart
01-08-06, 10:18 PM
benji ran about a 15.9 irrc on 118ish bhp.

ive been building the 1.2 for 2 years now lmao

kronk10
01-08-06, 10:22 PM
benji ran about a 15.9 irrc on 118ish bhp.

ive been building the 1.2 for 2 years now lmao

a 15.9 is really good:) whats the spec on your 1.2. When i first came on this site before it changed there was a 1.2 running a turbo i might see if i can find it that was bonkers:wtf:

Stuart
01-08-06, 10:26 PM
its in the 1.2 section of the features (mine that is).. its changed a little since then but you get the idea

kronk10
01-08-06, 10:32 PM
its in the 1.2 section of the features (mine that is).. its changed a little since then but you get the idea

Whats it called i cant find it in the features what name is it under

Stuart
01-08-06, 10:46 PM
http://www.novaload.net/forum/viewfeaturecar.php?ref=2949

kronk10
02-08-06, 09:47 AM
http://www.novaload.net/forum/viewfeaturecar.php?ref=2949
You are mad:D