PDA

View Full Version : HEEEEELLLLPP!!!!!!

Anonymous
10-02-01, 09:10 PM
can anyone please help. i have a 91 1.4 sr and it is runnin terrible . the problem cannot be carb freezin because this is happenin in the cold, wet , dry, warm, day and night etc. it happens everytime i drive it . i do be drivin along fine in 5th then after about five miles the revs will start to die. then i change down and acelerate but it will still die .so i pull in to the side of the road.it will then idle very erratically going from 250rpm -1500rpm and sometimes will even stall, but it will always start first turn of the key, if i go to rev it ,it will splutter and rev with loads of flat spots.if i leave it idle erratically like this for a couple of minutes and then rev it again it will be fine and will drive perfectly for another 5 or 6 miles when i will have to pull in again. what could it be .Ihave changed the plugs, leads,distributor cap rotor arm etc. but still no cure. is it something to do with the fuel pump, coil,dirty carb, carb settinsetc. pleeeeezzeeee help as it is very annoying!!!!!1

Anonymous
10-02-01, 10:04 PM
Read wot i put for wet weather problems!! 3 below this 1 on techy forum! U have the same prob!!

Dicko

Anonymous
11-02-01, 09:49 AM
I read what u said below but i dont think this is the problem as i have changed the dizzy ,rotor arm, plugs, leads etc.

Anonymous
11-02-01, 09:50 AM
thanx anyway dicko . does anyone else know what could be wrong

Anonymous
11-02-01, 12:08 PM
it be your carb. get it tuned. but before it gets tuned ask garage to check all the settings(its easier if they do it cause they got all the right tools). cause if the settings are fine youll be needing a new gasket and possibly new carb. but if settings are out a tune will fix it. i had similar problem.

Anonymous
11-02-01, 04:41 PM
Could be fuel starvation. Try taking the pipe off from the fuel pump(near cam shaft sprocket) to the carb and turn the engine over to see if its pumping up fuel into the float chamber(should squirt out with some force). If not take the pipe off from the other side of the pump that goes to the tank and blow down it. If thats OK the pump could be knackered. Otherwise try what 1.3SRBOY says.

Anonymous
11-02-01, 05:26 PM
okay strip your carb apart and look for shite in the chamber. i had this prob when i first got may car and it was a 1.2

it would be okay and then it would run like shit for no reason and no amount ov reving etc etc would fix it

what happend is (this is true!) a fly (read as big fucking blue bottle) flew down the filler neck when the previos owner filled up. the car didnt have a fuel filter and travveld through the fuel system until it landed into the carb, then it just floated about until it got stuck in the fuel jet, switch the car off and it would beguin to float again.

it was funny when i took it all apart and found a fly! (i only ever found its arse end i assume the rest got mashed sumwhere and was ran through the engine)

1 brake fly power!

although i dought youl have a fly in there you will prob have sum kind ov shite.

Anonymous
12-02-01, 09:51 AM
I'd give that 10k boost stuff a go. That supose to clean your system out pretty good. It could be answer

Anonymous
13-02-01, 06:10 PM
What about a bit of Red-ex down the Carb? Might help.