PDA

View Full Version : Nova - LET / F28 Clutch slipping ? why ?

R1CH
28-07-06, 09:00 PM
Right then ... finally got my Nova on the road the other week but the clutch seems to slip when it comes on boost, revs & boost rises but speed stays the same.
The clutch was only replaced in the Calibra (which i drove & it was ok) about 23k ago, i've had the flywheel cover off to check for any oil leaks but that seems ok, the only thing that i've done is alter where the clutch cable fits to the pedal, (i've spaced the cable about 30mm towards the brake pedal to ease the angle where it comes out the bulkhead to stop it snapping - as often) because off this the adjuster is right at the end of the threaded bar on the gearbox end but the pedal still sits at the right height.
Is there anyway of adjusting the clutch at all (don't think so) or could it be fitted wrong ?
Any ideas ? really not wanting to have to take it all back out to fit another clutch !
:mad:

Rich

Adam
29-07-06, 12:16 AM
Where on the pedal travel does the clutch bite?
when you pull off?

John
30-07-06, 07:55 PM
Rich, what are the springs like in the plate? Are they loose when you had a look? And you've re- fitted everything ok? Sound like the fingers on the pressure plate could be worn too. Depends how much stick the calibra had! My mate got through a non-gen luk clutch in his standard calibra in 12000 miles, and had the same symptoms as you, eg no actual increase in acceleration when car on boost.

R1CH
30-07-06, 08:08 PM
Where on the pedal travel does the clutch bite?
when you pull off?

Bites about 1/2 way up, pedal feels ok ?!

Not sure what the springs or owt were like, it was a fair while ago that fitted the clutch & box, to be honest i didn't pay much notice to it as it was ok in the Cally and had only done 23k !!
Hoping it is just the cable (can't see it tho), been a bit ill this last week so haven't had the chance to have a fiddle with it yet either.

Cheers, Rich

rodgerq
04-08-06, 02:53 PM
**** ive got a courtenay "uprated" clutch and it slips on 10 psi in 5th and 6th

rodgerq