PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER new car.....

RJM25R
26-07-06, 07:58 PM
Got a new company car.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/RJM25R/5b6b68da.jpg

Parked up with Nova...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/RJM25R/cbde3684.jpg

Only temporary though...... Good job cos I'd prob get banned!!!!

Preferred the blue one I had last year.......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/RJM25R/05cfbff9.jpg

novamadman
26-07-06, 08:01 PM
both very nice motors m8. nova looks so small sitting beside it. Just gos to show how flamin big yesteryears small cars are getting. Used to be a golf was the same size as a nova

shane

Lee
26-07-06, 08:02 PM
You lucky bastid lol

Adam
26-07-06, 08:28 PM
Nice :)

WTF, is that frost on your windscreen :eek:

Stuart
26-07-06, 08:39 PM
wow i think im gonna cum......

oh hang on no im not

SRlew
26-07-06, 09:09 PM
Nice :)

WTF, is that frost on your windscreen :eek:

i thought that to! where these pics recent?

does look nice though, wish i had a company car.

Mint FRST
26-07-06, 09:32 PM
wish i had a company car.

When you realise how much tax you pay you may think otherwise. However if you look at it like; you cant buy it,run it,tax it etc for the amount you pay though.

Cant wait to change mine now;)

Adam Moran
26-07-06, 10:21 PM
lovley cars, altho i dont have the gti... bad enough with the one ive got! far too easy to do over the ton

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/novaaj/nl.jpg

Nova_Houch7
26-07-06, 11:15 PM
Hmmmm not a fan of the new shape golfs, even if it is a gti, still wouldnt bother with one, and if they gave me one as company car, id rather drive the nova as company car lol.....

L

draper
26-07-06, 11:35 PM
Hmmmm not a fan of the new shape golfs, even if it is a gti, still wouldnt bother with one, and if they gave me one as company car, id rather drive the nova as company car lol.....

L

lol take "car allowance" money and use that to fund a credit card with a nova LET on it lol

as for the golf, nice company ride, most companies try to get the low spec version

RJM25R
27-07-06, 08:25 AM
Picture was taken 7 o'clock on monday morning and that's condensation INSIDE the cars because it was so WARM!!!!!

I won't have the GTI for long, i prefer a diesel TBH because of running costs (I pay my own private mileage) but I only pay about ?125 a month company car tax. It's based on having a diesel Golf or Jetta because i don't have any control over what car I drive if mine gets sold (which is what has happened in this case! I had a touran 2.0 SE TDI140 but got sold) and a GTI isn't what i'd normally choose. Should be closer to ?300 pcm for a GTI because it's high emissions and band F for valuation (?24500 this one with 5 doors, metallic, leather, sat nav etc) but GTI demo's always get sold quickly because they have ?1000 off list price as soon as they get registered, and people don't wanna wait 12-14weeks for one!

It'd be impossible to take an allowance because I work for VW selling cars, and if you don't have a VW you can't use it for company business or park it on site. I'm allowed to have my Nova valeted once a week for free though which is nice.....

I've got a lovely R32 3door in Deep Blue Pearl that my customer is collecting on Saturday. I'll post up some pictures of that, it's a beaut and sounds amazing.......

Aamir
27-07-06, 10:15 AM
Slightly off topic but what do you think would win in a straightline race, MK5 Golf GTi vs Nova XE ?

SRlew
27-07-06, 10:28 AM
When you realise how much tax you pay you may think otherwise. However if you look at it like; you cant buy it,run it,tax it etc for the amount you pay though.

Cant wait to change mine now;)

why you changing yours chris? yours is well quick!!
or you getting a quicker one? lol

of that explains it, i thought it was fooking frost lol

Matt2107
27-07-06, 11:29 AM
I'm surprised they give you gti's what with all this emissions and company car regs.

Consider yourself lucky... the last place I worked for... they all got Skoda Octavia deisels.

Mike
27-07-06, 12:15 PM
Company cars are as much fun as courtesy cars! Unless your me and managed to get banned from entering the west midlands safari park in this car PX04 YNE (the yaris that i trashed)

That got modified....... it had a front splitter that consisted of a 4 bedroom house lol lol lol

Anyway, whats wrong with skoda diesels PMSL lol lol

Matt2107
27-07-06, 01:00 PM

Do I need to answer that.

1. Its a skoda

2. Suspension... you only have to look at a speed bump and the ecu starts to feel a little queezy as well as the driver. On approaching you have to crawl over them after which you can clearly hear the scrape of the front lip as you go over then the same on the other side. What followes next is the up and down motion which feels like your driving a **** little boat in "perfect storm" style seas and it carries on bouncing down the road..... fully qualified Captain Birdseyes need only apply.

3. They are ugly... I can normally find one little feature i like in a car, whether its the grill of some sort of bumper line etc.... even the Toyota Aygo has an appealing front line that runs under the headlights.

I cant even be bothered to think of anything else. lol

Mint FRST
27-07-06, 01:04 PM
why you changing yours chris? yours is well quick!!
or you getting a quicker one? lol

By Xmas will have had it three years. Our Co scheme is changing so I will have an allowance to sort my own car out. Problem is what to havelol

Goto luv Co cars, drive em like you stole them!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Chris225/H949%20SAB/000_0828.jpg

craig green
27-07-06, 05:29 PM
Yes those mk5 R32 do sound lovely.

I reckon a Nova XE would hold off a Mk5 GTI until the speeds start to get silly. I held a guy off in my mk2 Astra 16v. proper cane it was, the bloke in the Golf was blatantly up for a razz, with anyone.

Digi dash reading was 147 when I let off

Jack
27-07-06, 05:57 PM
Its not a diesel, but it is a Skroteda

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/razorjack/Misc/21062006001a.jpg

VROOM VROOM

RJM25R
27-07-06, 08:18 PM
GTI is about as quick as a nova xe in a straight line, but would murder one on the twisties because of the ESP and suspension (fully independent front and rear) if the driver was half decent. The golf flies up to 140+ and feels planted. At speeds over 100 nova feels skittish....

You can just put your foot to the floor in the golf and it will cut the power when it loses traction. There's a large roundabout in Oldham that I can go around at 60mph in the nova, and i've done it in the GTI at over 70 and that's just standard

I chased a new GTI up saddleworth moors and on the straights we were even and on the sweeping bends but on tight stuff GTI ran away because he had electronics to keep him neutral. It's very difficult to get the golf to understeer/lift off oversteer because the ESP reigns it in..... Fantastic system for safety but a lot of drivers nowadays couldn't drive apeugeot gti or rsturbo, xe nova or cav gsi fast because they're too used to gizmo's helping them out.... Evo's wouldn't be anywhere near as quick without the active yaw for example.....

There's nowhere near the same buzz in the GTI though TBH...... No-one really "plays" with you unless they're in a VXR or an ST focus..... but in the nova EVERYONE wants to play-and get spanked LOL!!!

BUT..... I do miss power steering nowadays....

If anyone local fancies a trial, xe against GTI on a private road.... BRING A gti i OR AN xe, i'LL FETCH THE OTHER!!!!