PDA

View Full Version : advice needed about incident...

womble sri
26-07-06, 06:33 PM
I was at a busy roundabout today where the forcourt of the petrol station is an exit/entrance to the roundabout. i waited at the line and pulled forward and two cars form the exit next to me shot ahead so i braked and rolled back as i was on a hill i had only pulled out a few feet. i had my revs set so that i could pull out immediately after the two cars and moved forward about a foot and another car came charging round the roundabout and i braked and stopped. the guy was on the inside lane of the roundabout but was coming round quite fast and came over to the other side of the roundabout just clipping my bumper with the rear arch of his car. im not sure how this happened he must of been losing traction where he was pushing it round the roundabout you could tell by the way his car was leaning. so anyway he smashed my indicator made a HOLE in the bumper and bent the part of the wing under my indicator. we stopped pulled over exchanged details he said he'll call me and i said would it be ok to settle without going through insurance he said he'll get a quote so did i but neither us admitted fault but at the time i felt at fault because of the ol' give way to the right rule. but when i was home my mum said if i was stationary it is his fault and i was stationary if not rolling backwards. just wont to know if i have a leg to stand on from any insurance gurus out there. will i lose my ncb? even though it is the first time i have insured my car in my own name. i dont want to say anything to the bloke incase he just goes through insurance. i have 200 excess so thats not cool. and im happy to go 50/50 on both cars or ill just pay for mine to get fixed.

Jack
26-07-06, 11:20 PM
Hmm... damage to his rear quarter and the fact he was on the roundabout so had right of way swings in his favour; but as you said you were stationary so technically he hit you. Do you have any witnesses?

womble sri
27-07-06, 12:09 AM
no but i could probably get one i asked in the garage if there cameras pointed at the exit but all i got was bud bud ding ding

Matt2107
07-08-06, 01:53 PM
Even if the cameras were pointing straight at your car they're unlikely to let you have the tapes.... people just dont want the hassle.

My gf's car was hit in a car park that had CCTV... when she asked about the tapes they told her they were'nt even turned on.

draper
09-08-06, 08:29 PM
if he was in the inside lane then veered out towards the outside and hit you surely he was driving like a **** - personally id ring him and try to get ?100 off him or something ?