PDA

View Full Version : Reverse light!

hagger
26-07-06, 02:46 PM
hey fellas a little help needed here, my SR is going in for mot on friday so firstly do i need my reverse light to be working??im sure it does but im sure i saw ages that the reverse light isnt all important :confused:

Anyways i went to change the bulb as i thought it was blown, was i changed it for a new one it still doesnt work....so messed about abit more changing bulbs and turning them round and still no luck.checked the connections the the light unit and all seems fine!!so i decided to change the whole unit with my over nova and see if it was a fault with the unit and the reverse lamp still wont work!!so checked the fuses but there fine!!im really stuck on this even though it proberly something really easy!! could it be a switch when i place it into reverse that isnt working??

Any help is much appreciated,

Cheers sam.

Austin_Nova16
26-07-06, 02:56 PM
If you have a reverse light it must be working.

You need to change the wswitch mounted on the front of the gearbox to get it sorted....sounds like the current one is f**ked! :thumb:

Riggy
26-07-06, 05:59 PM
to test if the swith is broke unplug the connector from it and stick a bit of wire into both holes of the plug then turn on ignition , if reverse light comes on then its your switch that has gone

hagger
26-07-06, 07:07 PM
cheers fellas shall have a look at that tomorrow!!

Sam.