PDA

View Full Version : quiet zorst???

Anonymous
23-03-01, 10:57 AM
ok I know this may sound wierd to you lot but does anyone know of a zorst that increases power but not noise levels. I want my car to be faster but I hate it when a car sounds really loud(unless the standard is meant to). I quite like the extra growl that a performance air filter makes but usually the growl from a big zorst sounds silly, and it also attracts the attention of the plod which I dont need. ta in advance:)

bad bwoy tings a gwan!!

Anonymous
23-03-01, 11:04 AM
jetex i think are quiet. although bit of a silly question, most perfomance exhaust system are noisier than normal due to the incresed air flow etc.

Anonymous
23-03-01, 11:35 AM
yeah i thought that'd be the case i just wanted to know which was the least noisy, cheers for that fella. are ashley quiet or loud , cos I know theyre cheap

bad bwoy tings a gwan!!

Anonymous
23-03-01, 11:59 AM
ashley are loud i think. :D

Anonymous
23-03-01, 12:11 PM
does anyone think a full ashley zorst on a 1.2 will sound good????

[ged_bong]
Quade...Quade...start the reactor
WWW.ROYBACER.CO.UK
Ged@roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
23-03-01, 12:17 PM
does anyone know what kind of power increases i would get with a jetex?

bad bwoy tings a gwan!!

Anonymous
23-03-01, 01:00 PM
sod all. i think a lot of it is psycolgical (fu.ck knows how to spell it), you think ohh i have a "performance" exhaust so my car will be like an F1 car. so even if its lost power you will think its a rocket ship lol

Well thats my theory anyway.

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
23-03-01, 01:37 PM
what??

bad bwoy tings a gwan!!

Anonymous
23-03-01, 01:42 PM
oh right sorry i thought it said physiological , iwas proper confused then. but really cambridge my fellow I think performance zorsts have been proven to increase power. very minimally i know but they do make a diff. Although I dont think many people have them for increased power, its mainly to look like a rude boy. with me its like every little bit of extra power is needed.

bad bwoy tings a gwan!!

Anonymous
23-03-01, 01:49 PM
Ashley are just plain loud, I think janspeed are good for performance without been to loud?

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".

Anonymous
23-03-01, 02:29 PM
no, Janspeed just drone, especially on motorways, Magnex are reasonably quiet compared to the rest. I cant hear mine over the induction noise.

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
23-03-01, 02:59 PM
would an Ashley sound good on a 1.2 then? (a full system?) it would be good if it popped and banged when downshifting :)

Would it make a mk2 1.2 sound nice? i'm not arsed about it being loud ;)

Ged

[ged_bong]
WWW.ROYBACER.CO.UK
Ged@roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
23-03-01, 03:01 PM
ged that aint good for the car!!! you can get it to do that with a std xhaust!!

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
23-03-01, 03:51 PM
power flow, will make u one with 50/50 power/noise, 100/0 noise/power or as in ur case 100/0 power/noise. there number is advertised in maxpower. its the advert that says, "the best flowjob in town" there also full stainless with a lifetime warranty, fully made and fitted in about 2 hours,and u get a choice of tail pipes.for about 250 ish.

Anonymous
23-03-01, 04:02 PM
wicked, nice one parts

bad bwoy tings a gwan!!

Anonymous
23-03-01, 05:18 PM
lol@cambridge...:)

?100 for a loud zorst with good perfomance gains sounds good to me...at some places u can't even buy a back box for that :)

Ged

PS. I wish my fuckin court summons would hurry up :( it's been fu'kin weeks now :(

[ged_bong]
WWW.ROYBACER.CO.UK
Ged@roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
23-03-01, 08:02 PM
Powerflow in my opinion are the best. ?245 for a full stainless steel custom made exhaust system with any tailpipe you want. My mate has one on his Corsa with a Scorpion Boxer tailpipe, sounds and looks excellent!

Anonymous
23-03-01, 10:45 PM
Most stainless steel exhausts such as those previously mentioned will be quieter than the mild steel varieties. Ashley are cheap and raspy as are Janspeed. If you live near Maclesfield up north like. Visit Tube Torque. They will build you a stainless system that will out last the car for a good price. Generally the more you pay the more you get. It is the design of the silencer thats the box whether it is straight through or goes round loads of bends that effects noise the most. One of the most under rated exhausts is the Mongoose if they do one for the Nova but it wont be cheap.

stereo is my name 155db is my game

Anonymous
24-03-01, 08:32 AM
lol mark but u have twin carbs. couldn't hear a bb4 over that

*!!i h8 speed cameras!!*

Anonymous
27-03-01, 11:20 PM
i have a magnex and can hardly hear it getting rid for a janspeed