PDA

View Full Version : injectors not injectin' !!!!!

Anonymous
23-03-01, 09:20 AM
hi. I have a '92 SRi and i whipped the engine out to do some welding. after putting it back in it ran fine for about 10 minutes then stalled. The injectors arent injecting!! the fuel pressure to the fuel rail is fine, but it isnt gettng past the injectors into the cylinders. Can anyone suggest what could be wrong here!!??!?! I've checked all the wiring etc and everythings connected up. please help. cheers

Anonymous
23-03-01, 10:51 AM
Are the fuel pipes going into the rail ok? Other than that I cant see y they shouldnt be working! Is ur ECu and all the sensors plugs in ok becuz it wouldnt inject unless it was getting reading from most of these!

Also, how do u know ur getting fuel pressure to the rail? Only reasonI ask is that if it ran for 10 minutes it must have been circulating correctly, and I cant see any other reason y it should have stoped unless its heat related!

Anonymous
23-03-01, 02:00 PM
i unscrewed the bleed cap off the fuel rail and turned the engine over. the fuel squirted about 6ft!! so fuel's getting pumped to the rail ok. i've checked all the sensors etc. could it be some kind of safety mechanisim in the ecu that cuts the injectors off or something???

Anonymous
23-03-01, 05:37 PM
Ok, well disconnct ur battery for 4-5 hours, then try it again!