PDA

View Full Version : gsi engine into 1.2i

pul16v
24-07-06, 09:07 PM
hi guys im putting a gsi engine into my 1.2 spi nova just wondering if you could help me out with the wireing as the spi uses a ecu which is fitted in the car and the gsi is fixed onto the bulk head and was wondering if i should remove the spi ecu and what wires do i connect on the spi loom to the gsi stuff i have the full looms from both cars so no problems there

also will the spi intank pump be able to run my gsi engine ??

cheers any help totaly appreciated :thumb:

phil

Adam
24-07-06, 09:27 PM
You need a MPI pump.

Basically, remove the 1.2 ecu, tie the loom up out the way.

Fit the GSi engine, leave the ecu in the engine bay, and the few wires that needed splicing into the car loom(12v,tacho etc) can be joined to the wires that originally went to the 1.2i ecu.

pul16v
24-07-06, 09:37 PM
okies got a full gsi just wondering if the tank on the 1.2 would do but il swap the lot over now so im connecting the (12v,tacho etc) to where the connector for the spi ecu is not to all the wireing in the engine bay or is it ok to connect it there with the spi ecu removed

thanx phil

Adam
24-07-06, 09:39 PM
The feeds going to the 1.2 ecu can be joined to the gsi ecu.
The other wires just go to the injectors etc etc.

You can fit a mk3 astra,corsa MPI intank pump in place of your spi one, save swapping tanks.

pul16v
24-07-06, 09:48 PM
thanx il do that just happen to know where there is one
thanx again for help know what im doing now

phil

Garthy1985
28-08-11, 08:01 AM
hi iv jst got a gsi engine off ere l and am wnting it 1n my 1.2 singel point do i have 2 change the full loom in the car as a mate of mine sed he had 2 put his on carbs coz he dint have the plug 4 the incjeter rail

Garthy1985
29-08-11, 07:59 AM
by the luks of fings they is only sex wires from the gsi loom i need 2 join is this ryt if so do i jst cut n join them and lev the other wires goin 2 the old spi ecu plug and lev that unplugd pls help this is the 1st engine swap i have done

mowgli
29-08-11, 10:27 AM
hi iv jst got a gsi engine off ere l and am wnting it 1n my 1.2 singel point do i have 2 change the full loom in the car as a mate of mine sed he had 2 put his on carbs coz he dint have the plug 4 the incjeter rail

he put it on carbs more because he couldn't be bothered with working out the 5 wires needed (and 2 aren't even necessary to get it started) and wiring plugs are available off scrapyards & can be soldered in..

you simply reuse all the starter, alternator & sensor wires off your old engine, just label them, and then join up the ecu ones to your existing loom..

Garthy1985
11-09-11, 07:54 AM
thanks for that mowgil do i have the 1.2 ecu pluged in to

mowgli
11-09-11, 10:10 AM
thanks for that mowgil do i have the 1.2 ecu pluged in to

no. but you use the loom as a source for the ign power feed & the wire to the fuel pump.

Garthy1985
16-01-12, 05:10 PM
will my spi pump start the gsi engine also will the wires i need 2 join be the same colour in both looms dose any one have a simple diagram as i have the car turning over just no wireing 2 the injecterns

mowgli
16-01-12, 06:21 PM
the spi pump is not powerful enough, look for a daewoo or astra mk3 mpi pump,

just look in your haynes book, the wiring colours are all there.

lpc111
03-02-12, 08:17 PM
what would i need to do about fuel tank/pump in my nova its got a g reg with a 1.6 gsi engine?