PDA

View Full Version : Chuffed with scrapyard find(s)

craig green
24-07-06, 10:14 AM
Went to breakers on Saturday to get a gear linkage & look for some other bits.
Got a linkage from a 43k Nova Merit... (nice & tight) & looked into getting the servo off a Corsa B. Undid a few bolts but was getting far too hot in the car to be bothered to remove it fully. Save that for another day.

But I also found some fuel hoses with unions to fit my new engine. Having just ordered the pipes from my dealer before going to the breakers, these have just saved me over ?60.

Also found a 8v, V-pulley Trigger wheel bottom pulley. Need to go back with the airgun for that one.

SRlew
24-07-06, 10:17 AM
you had a good time then!! some good finds by the sounds of things

craig green
24-07-06, 10:48 AM
Yeah. Cant beat rummaging round at the breakers...might soon become a hobby.

TommySR
24-07-06, 10:53 AM
lol, good finds, me and a mate picked up some near new G Max rear shocks and few bits and bobs Astra GTE Bonnet vents etc etc, its a weekly trip! lol

craig green
24-07-06, 11:13 AM
I'll be off over there again on Sat. We have fairly poor yards here. I got hard when I saw a Calibra 16v still with XE.... nothing special I know.

TommySR
24-07-06, 11:40 AM
lol, our place is alright, plenty of Novas, ya might get lucky and find the odd SR or GSi but there stripped within hours lol

All the worthwhile engines are took out of the cars before they are put out round here

Iain
24-07-06, 12:02 PM
find the odd SR or GSi but there stripped within hours

I've found that too lol GTEs and GSis are stripped to bare shells by the time I ever get there. lol

Matt2107
24-07-06, 01:05 PM
I'll be off over there again on Sat. We have fairly poor yards here. I got hard when I saw a Calibra 16v still with XE.... nothing special I know.

That is just wrong... lol... couldn't you have just said you got a little excited?
:thumb:

SRlew
24-07-06, 01:12 PM
lol must addmit when i saw a calibra in a scrap in devon i was like right im climmbing up to see what engine it is etc, was well excited for some reason. would of had it if i still lived there.

Tim
24-07-06, 01:41 PM
is it just me thou, or are novas becoming quite rare in the scrap yards, within about 6 miles of my house there are 4 yards and u will usually have to try 3 until i find a nova in any of them.

the minters will be future modern day classics, haha

SRlew
24-07-06, 03:08 PM
theres no novas in any scrapyards near me, theres a massive yard bout 15-20 min drive away and they said they hardly get novas in any more! they havent had any in since i baught my car over 2 years ago

Jack
24-07-06, 05:11 PM
Angel Autos used to have a few Novas in. Quite a large selection of other Vaux's last time I went up there.

Spudly
24-07-06, 06:18 PM
There always used to be loads of nov`s in the scrappy`s near me but now youre lucky to find a half stripped 5door saloon round my way :-( not good, i used to love baggin (err purchasing honest) all the hazard switches and other pocket sized goodies hehehehe!!!!

draper
24-07-06, 06:25 PM
or chucking larger stuff over the fence and retrieving later ;)

nathan.
24-07-06, 06:34 PM
Cool, i went to my local breakers last week and got 2 mint doors for ?20 each.:thumb:

Lee
24-07-06, 06:36 PM
Good results Craig!

My best result still stands as the mint GSi front bumper i got for a tenner lol

Ash
24-07-06, 07:32 PM
Angel Autos used to have a few Novas in. Quite a large selection of other Vaux's last time I went up there.

nope, daves cleared out loads, not one nova been up there for months, but crosskeys alway have a few, got a steering knuckle for free the otherday.

A

valver500
24-07-06, 07:49 PM
where's crosskeys yard to then nova pilot? is it in the yeovil area aswell?

Jack
24-07-06, 08:25 PM
Isn't that the one on the A37 at Lydford?

shy witness
24-07-06, 10:24 PM
theres very few in the breakers yards here in northern ireland

well round my way there isnt

although i havent been in in a while i admit

Ben
24-07-06, 10:44 PM
Novas arent worth taking up the space anymore, i would rather have a 2000 Focus sat there to sale parts off.

Mr_C
24-07-06, 10:50 PM
snap guys..... there about 4 scrap yards in my town and then there about another 3 or 4 nearish .... and quite a few 15+ miles away in boro. And out of all 7 or 8 close to me there was one E reg 1.2 merit which has nothin decent on it anyways!!

Ash
24-07-06, 10:57 PM
Isn't that the one on the A37 at Lydford?

yep, podimore roundabout turn towards shepton mallet and its along there, behind a car sales garage.

Ash

Nova_Houch7
25-07-06, 02:37 AM
Ahhhh good ol scrapy's, last time i went up to one was while bak, came bak wit a GTE steering wheel, GTE petrol Cap, n some other lil bits for my old nova, ahh and for free lol.....

Havnt been up recently for the latest of my novas, Internet has been source of parts for now.

L

craig green
25-07-06, 10:18 AM
yep, podimore roundabout turn towards shepton mallet and its along there, behind a car sales garage.

Ash

I know the one. Yet to go there for a rummage though. Ive heard good things about that one.

CG