PDA

View Full Version : finally pulled it out the garage !

matthew172
23-07-06, 06:26 PM
gave it a wax, not that it needed it though lol
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/rich16v/DSC02927.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/rich16v/DSC02926.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/rich16v/DSC02925.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/rich16v/DSC02924.jpg

Christ
23-07-06, 06:31 PM
wow, very tidy!

-Bruce-
23-07-06, 06:34 PM
Its still looking minter than mint hehe!!

Bruce

draper
23-07-06, 06:36 PM
i fuking love this car !

Adam
23-07-06, 06:36 PM
Not bad lol lol lol

Mint :thumb:

RJM25R
23-07-06, 06:38 PM
Lookin good (no surprise there!)

Have you actually driven it yet???

mikey14sr
23-07-06, 06:50 PM
I can see finger marks on the fuel tank

still looks bloody nice though!

NovaLegend
23-07-06, 07:27 PM
clean as f*ck mate!! .. gorgeous mint stunning etc..

Mazz
23-07-06, 07:29 PM
ah, its not bad i suppose...

;)

draper
23-07-06, 07:31 PM
would look better in the thread "pics of novas moving" :thumb:

RJM25R
23-07-06, 07:34 PM
lol

fearless
23-07-06, 07:53 PM
would look better in the thread "pics of novas moving" :thumb:

Some people are never happy are they ;)

On the way to Trax a few years ago

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/fearlessmotorsport/P1010015_JPG.jpg

ade
23-07-06, 07:56 PM
isnt that bret warburtons old nova?

novaco
23-07-06, 08:50 PM
it is a very nice car, but i dont see the point in going to that expense on a car like that, to sit in a garage and never get used. As the saying goes...if youve got it, flaunt it! not lock it away for no-one to see.

novacabrio
23-07-06, 08:50 PM

the very same

matthew172
23-07-06, 10:22 PM
it is a very nice car, but i dont see the point in going to that expense on a car like that, to sit in a garage and never get used. As the saying goes...if youve got it, flaunt it! not lock it away for no-one to see.

its goin for mot on tuesday

Stuart
23-07-06, 10:29 PM

and thats pretty much how its only ever going to be refferd to as until its scrapped/changed properly lol

ade
23-07-06, 10:40 PM
its sweet! saw it at trax a few yrs back with the big stainless steel fuel tank in the boot - in my nievity (possibly sun stroke) I asked if it was a nitros tank!

pmsl!

Muppet = me - soon realised the error of my ways...

I'm not sure about keeping a Nova locked up - if its a show car then fair enough - cars like this in mint condition are rarieties and should be looked after in my opinion so keep it for dry running...

matthew172
23-07-06, 10:46 PM
thats wat im doing, like brett said if u wanna keep it mint dont use it lol but sum people think for sum reason it should be used as the daily runner lol

novaco
23-07-06, 10:47 PM
i get where your coming from ade, just seems abit of a waste to me

shy witness
24-07-06, 12:01 AM
lovely car indeed

Mr_C
24-07-06, 12:26 AM
well it will only get rusty as soon as you bring it out thanks to the great weather and climate we have here. Its a mint car mate and if you can afford to keep it mint then keep it that way :)

draper
24-07-06, 12:30 AM
i get where your coming from ade, just seems abit of a waste to me

yep !! why spend thousands on a car and then not drive it ??

matthew172
24-07-06, 07:00 AM

well if you can afford to do it then why not ?

Matt2107
24-07-06, 08:51 AM
Love this car.

See it every month in the back of T.V

SRlew
24-07-06, 09:03 AM
never seen pics of the inside of it before i dont think looks well nice.

what wheels are they?

craig green
24-07-06, 09:55 AM
Looks great (same), needs to have some of your personality put into it though Matt172.

maybe change the colour of the wheels, or even fit some different wheels for a while.
Good luck with MOT.....

TommySR
24-07-06, 09:57 AM
very very clean car, one of my all time fave Novas, keep it mint mate!

novaco
24-07-06, 10:20 AM

exactly

Paul16v
24-07-06, 11:49 AM
when you actually see how clean the car is you can see why he does not drive it!

Mazz
24-07-06, 04:42 PM
Love this car.

See it every month in the back of T.V

lmao :beer:

RJM25R
24-07-06, 09:35 PM
It's like having Cameron Diaz in your bedroom and never f*cking her....

NickWalliams
24-07-06, 10:19 PM
well if you can afford to do it then why not ?

You do whatever the hell you want with it matt, you bought it!

looks mint, literally :thumb:

draper
24-07-06, 11:25 PM
It's like having Cameron Diaz in your bedroom and never f*cking her....

thats it buddy, put it in laymans terms

Nova_Houch7
25-07-06, 02:29 AM
Been eyein up this nova for long while now, i cum everytime i see it, not literally, but almost lol....

looks sooo clean and crisp, love colour too, and those buckets......infact everything about it i just love.

L

Nova_Houch7
25-07-06, 02:30 AM
Also like to add, it would look better if i owned it, being called Luke neway!

So when i get my buckets and harnesses, they gotta be LUKE harnesses haha

L

craig green
25-07-06, 01:46 PM
Whenever this car finds itself in a thread, the poor lad is gonna be lynched for driving it or not.

Car is doomed.

nov4801
25-07-06, 02:42 PM
love it mate, i can see both points of view thouwhy keep it locked up and not drive it often: how many novas are out there now a days that are mint and not fallin to bits???but in the over case look at it i would want to be out in it every day.very sweet ride mate

cheshiresport
25-07-06, 04:08 PM
Hey its his car he shelled out the cash for it and whatever he decides to do with it good luck mate. Its a cool car

RJM25R
25-07-06, 05:21 PM
TECHNICALLY, IF you read the dictionary, a car is "a vehicle with 4 wheels or more that moves under it's own propulsion."

I think if you look up "Ornament" you may be closer to the truth. lol

Still a mint car though, no doubt!

Stuart
25-07-06, 05:25 PM
Whenever this car finds itself in a thread, the poor lad is gonna be lynched for driving it or not.

Car is doomed.

agreed...

also its NEVER going to shake the stigma it has.

matthew172
25-07-06, 05:58 PM
tell ya wat lads, wen youve all ragged your novas around in the ****e british weather and there rotten and fallin to bits ill just pull my minter out and take her for a drive in the sun!

Stuart
25-07-06, 06:04 PM
but tbh its still only a nova... and still only a car.. not worth getting upset about if some dont see the point in owning an ornament/spengind a mint etc blah blah

Jack
25-07-06, 06:12 PM
tell ya wat lads, wen youve all ragged your novas around in the ****e british weather and there rotten and fallin to bits
Been there, sold it for a grand lmfao

cheshiresport
25-07-06, 06:46 PM
tell ya wat lads, wen youve all ragged your novas around in the ****e british weather and there rotten and fallin to bits ill just pull my minter out and take her for a drive in the sun!

lol lol lol i will join u my car aint be going to be used all the time in this crap british weather

Ojc
25-07-06, 07:46 PM
Matt don't listen to some of these idiots, seriously I think some people should engage their brains before letting their hands loose on keyboards.

If someone had spent the time and money like what fearless did on this car to make it "the best" Nova of all time (in my opinion) and for Matt to pay good money for the privlage of owning it then why the hell ruin it by driving it everyday?

Anyway, how do you know that Matthew hasn't got a equally good everyday car that is just as fast, just as mint? Its his toy and I totally agree with what he is doing, storing it away only to be used on sunny days because I do exactly the same thing.

Good on you Matt, pleased to see its being cared for.

NickWalliams
25-07-06, 08:23 PM
but tbh its still only a nova... and still only a car.. not worth getting upset about if some dont see the point in owning an ornament/spengind a mint etc blah blah

If you are that bothered then why didnt you buy it? :confused:

RJM25R
25-07-06, 08:31 PM

You won't like the suspension when you're 62 mate and finally drive the thing LOL!

And your spell checker's f*cked

krobinson
25-07-06, 08:33 PM
Give the lad a break. I know if i bought that car i wouldnt be driving it to the shops/work either, and it definatly wouldnt be getting out in the rain.

I'm sure he will use the car in the warm sunny weather for fun.

At the start most people told him they'd go nuts if he wrecked it, now there saying he has to use it loads?

Keith

NickWalliams
25-07-06, 08:48 PM
Give the lad a break. I know if i bought that car i wouldnt be driving it to the shops/work either, and it definatly wouldnt be getting out in the rain.

I'm sure he will use the car in the warm sunny weather for fun.

At the start most people told him they'd go nuts if he wrecked it, now there saying he has to use it loads?

Keith

Seams to me its a case of the have's and the have not's :tard:

When I was at the nurburgring in may there was a yellow F40 there, had obviously seen alot of use and was filthy! which is fair enough it was built to be raced etc

but at the museum there is an absolutely immaculate red F40 that has probably only ever driven a few miles and I can definatly say if I had to see one scrapped it would be the yellow one!

Lets face it there are plenty of novas that have been built to a standard then run into the ground so lets see matt keep one of the ultimate ones mint!

RJM25R
25-07-06, 09:09 PM
Seams to me its a case of the have's and the have not's :tard:

I don't agree i'm afraid. My comments have all been made tongue in cheek.

If you choose to post up "I've got it out of the garage and waxed it" you've got to be prepared for some comments.

F*ck me, I've had people on MY thread telling me what I should/shouldn't be doing with my car, and I don't think it's because they're jealous.... It's because they are interested!

I expected this thread to be "Finally got it out and drove it miles loving it" perhaps detailing some future WIP or "taking it to TRAX" or whatever but nobody is leaving any negative or nasty comments or wishing any ill-will.

I love nova's and I can drive any VW for my company vehicle but I've still got a nova parked outside my house...... And one in the bodyshop...... So I certainly don't wanna see a really good one ruined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

m.d.
25-07-06, 09:14 PM
cars need to be driven, after all its only a nova, if it were mine it would have that show cage torn out and a propper one fitted, then ragged to within an inch of its life on a track as it should be,

NickWalliams
25-07-06, 09:19 PM
Jesus what is it with some people! its a fecking show car!!! why spend 25k doing it when u can spend about 5k and have a stripped out track weapon

RJM25R
25-07-06, 09:24 PM
Brett only spent ?25k on it over the 10 years of modding it.

tom_beverley
25-07-06, 09:42 PM
An absolute minter!

I agree with both sides of the argument, it should be kept mint but its a 2.0 16v so its meant to be driven.

If I had it I would only use it when its dry and sunny! (Dreams.....):)

matthew172
25-07-06, 10:10 PM
Matt don't listen to some of these idiots, seriously I think some people should engage their brains before letting their hands loose on keyboards.

If someone had spent the time and money like what fearless did on this car to make it "the best" Nova of all time (in my opinion) and for Matt to pay good money for the privlage of owning it then why the hell ruin it by driving it everyday?

Anyway, how do you know that Matthew hasn't got a equally good everyday car that is just as fast, just as mint? Its his toy and I totally agree with what he is doing, storing it away only to be used on sunny days because I do exactly the same thing.

Good on you Matt, pleased to see its being cared for.

cheers ojc, this will be mint for years to come i dont need to use it that often because i have a gsi valver as my every dayer that keeps me happy just need to use the green one wen its sunny lol

Lee
25-07-06, 10:12 PM
6 pages debating wether someone should drive their car or not?

Heres my two pennys worth. I dont give a toss lol

I also dont see why everyone talks about this car like its some sort of holy grail of Novas? Its a very clean, very well thought out modifyed Nova, just like all the other very clean, very well thought out modified Novas ive seen in the past, and I will probably see in the future.

Let the poor bloke do what he wants with his car!

_Ben_
25-07-06, 10:18 PM
The way I see it is that the car will need periodic freshening up regardless of whether you use it regularly or not.. For example I recall that Brett already had a rear quarter replaced due to rust bubbling through (post 2000 transformation to being mint colour) and lets face it, he hardly used it on the road.

Enjoy the car how you want.. Car was designed to be driven, Brett built it to be driven and sold it (in part at least) because he could not find the time for driving it/performing future track modifications.

I came to within a gnats cock of buying the car myself but knew I would be faced with the same predicament you are in ie. not wanting to mess up a show car.

Cheers.

ajsvalver
25-07-06, 10:30 PM
that is my fave color absolutley stuning on small hatches, i have been down the same road as this when i was younger with my reno, i loved it so much i polished through to the primer but i used it every day, as long as you get your enjoyment out of it who cares

Nova_Houch7
26-07-06, 09:40 PM
never seen pics of the inside of it before i dont think looks well nice.

what wheels are they?

I thort that they were the 1st speedlines as in the 15" ones, but after looking at them closer, dont think thats wat they are.....any one else know.

L

novaco
26-07-06, 10:03 PM
speedline mistrals i think

Nova_Houch7
26-07-06, 10:11 PM
Ohhhh ok then, u think

L

RJM25R
27-07-06, 08:28 AM
Yep. Definitely Speedline Mistral. Not available anymore....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/RJM25R/b9e70416.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/RJM25R/Brett1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/RJM25R/Brett2.jpg

Alex Mac
27-07-06, 04:40 PM
Very Nice Matt, health to enjoy it whatever your plans are,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/alexmac/smileys%20album/beat_up_computer.gif

I have to sympathise with you mate on the 'drive not drive situation', I also have that problem the amount of slagging I get from people because my nova is in the garage within a carcoon is unreal, but I ask myself at times, sack it i'll drive it, I have had it MOT'd, insured and Tax'd twice and still never drove it, or once i think to a local show

again my car was built for driving as well http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/alexmac/smileys%20album/hydralics.gif

Well good luck with it, and remember you paid for the right to do what you wish http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/alexmac/smileys%20album/Kiss_my_ass.gif

I do see RJM, Ricks etc points also, I think they are the same agruments which do the rounds in the classic car world, but everyone still has the love for the wee hatches, be seen be proud situation, but be seen to much in the rain and get the repair panels ready, but again for some people they love the working at them bit http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/alexmac/smileys%20album/mechanic.gif etc etc........................ six pages later

I think we should just all agree to disagree

Peace http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/alexmac/smileys%20album/thanks.gif

SRlew
27-07-06, 05:26 PM
there are nice wheels, it only took about 6 pages for my answer to answerd then lol.

dan16v
27-07-06, 09:38 PM
the car is definatly a toy, there is no way i would be using it in the rain and getting it covered in ****e! would only be used in very good weather!:)
as others have said, its your car mate and its upto you how you use it!;)

craig green
28-07-06, 11:25 AM
Yep. Definitely Speedline Mistral. Not available anymore....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/RJM25R/b9e70416.jpg

The bottom 2 pics are the best looking the car ever was in my opinion. I express just my opinion. But when it was breeze blue with the TBs it was gorgeous. Like when it was featured in MAX the 2nd time.

Although the spec & finish is better now, I just liked it looking closer to the SRi it once was. Great retro pics too.:thumb:

Chris
28-07-06, 02:02 PM
This site is full of narrowminded ****s!!

Why do you like this car? (1)Because of how clean it is and how much time had gone into it? Or (2)because of its spec?

Me personally like it because of its spec, the looks really dont interest me.

If you personally had gone out and spent the money because you liked it for choice (1) would you be doing track days in it? Or driving it hard on some country lane?

Give the lad a break, he has bought the car, obviously he has a keen interest in nova's and wants to keep this one the way that it is.

Chris

pingu
28-07-06, 03:58 PM
i love it, its so so clean the cleanest i have ever seen, would there ever be any chance in selling it at all ?

125scouse
06-12-06, 03:27 PM
:thumb: The best most well known nova of all time, i respect you for not using it.

people on here would be the 1st to moan if grandma doing her sunday shop reversed into it at the local supermarket, because you where "using it"

Looks like your doing a good job of keeping it mint buddy, :thumb:

ben doodar
07-12-06, 01:30 AM
the car is a special thing for the guy to go for a drive when he feels like playing with his favourite toy. the car deserves to be looked after.
i love ben and jerrys ice cream, but i dont eat that every day as it woulnt be special any more. (really crap example) youve got to agree? id love that to be locked up in the garage so i now i could go for a blast to waste the time. top car! the guy who built this car is a genius, if it was you or the previos owner

Ste L
07-12-06, 02:57 PM

I think it looked awsome there, my fav guise of it though it's transformation..

as said, leave the lad too it, let him do as he pleases with the car :thumb:

Rick Draper
07-12-06, 03:26 PM
ROFLMFMO i just looked through this whole post and what a load of ****ing bollocks! If the lad does not want to use it then that is that.

I sympathize with him as mine will hardly ever get used and people will probably moan at me but i dont really give a ****. I have done 0 miles in it over the last 3 years and i will probably only do 1k a year at most when it is done as its not practical as a day to day car and i would never dream of taking it anywhere as that would mean parking it up and some **** would open there door onto it etc.

craig green
07-12-06, 03:29 PM
Aye. Tis a load of 2 faced 8itching whilst his back is turned.

No amount of forum bashing is going to change his mind.

L14MNP
07-12-06, 03:40 PM
I agree with the lad, yeah it's just a car/nova at the end of the day but he has the time/money/space to keep it mint so why not? I would like to have a fun little car like that in outstanding condition just to use whenever I feel the need :thumb:

scott.parker
07-12-06, 03:45 PM
God what the **** is up with most of you lot...

Yeah the car has alot of history and is know for bret owning it,and most people will always say that,but who gives a toss what happens to it,its matts so if he decided to burn it tomo so be it,im not saying i would think it was a good idea but hey...

Me if had the money to buy it i would keep it locked up the same as it must feel quite special to him.

Also though not to everyones taste i would be tempted to respray it to the color in the pictures above.

Scott

rc
07-12-06, 06:54 PM
stunning!

sri_boi
07-12-06, 07:18 PM
peppermint colour as it is now is the best its been from the picture above.....even the colour i have done it in, in fearless's nova thread is nice...electric blue sort of, made colour up on photoshop!! maybe a colour people will use on there novas in future......maybe!

Lee
07-12-06, 07:22 PM
http://www.ctgilles.net/images/pictars/timeline.gif

sri_boi
07-12-06, 07:24 PM
cheers lol

RJM25R
07-12-06, 09:44 PM
:thumb: The best most well known nova of all time, i respect you for not using it.

people on here would be the 1st to moan if grandma doing her sunday shop reversed into it at the local supermarket, because you where "using it"

I wouldn't go to tesco's in it. No room in the boot with the fuel cell.

draper
07-12-06, 10:38 PM
another old thread dug up :roll:

hybridturbo
07-12-06, 11:13 PM

Yeh but its not a classic car, its a nova with history which has been modified over the years to get to that stage. Imo there is still plenty that can be done to the car to make it even better, take the smooth boot and bumper for example very few people like them now, will it look ****e at shows next year when its parked next to mint standard looking novas?

My point is that this car has been updated all the time over the years, now its sittin in a shed and comes out every once and awhile, in a couple of years time will it be worth much or will it just be a fast barry boy creation lol from the past

Rick Draper
07-12-06, 11:42 PM
another old thread dug up :roll:

Suck my ****ing twadger you ****.

Ben
07-12-06, 11:48 PM
If it was my car (which it isnt as i would not spend that kind of money on a nova).

I would make a topic exactly like this and the take it on every track session possible until some **** in a fiesta wrote it off and then say ah well i told you should have kept it in the garage,

Its NOT bretts anymore, its Matts! Its his car, he can do what he likes with it! But just enjoy no matter if thats driving it or looking at it!

**** them all

Paul
08-12-06, 11:05 AM
I think you should take it out down a country road, go accross a farmers field, take some pictures, post them up on here.

Then watch all the people who said drive it say 'you've ruined it'

Chris
08-12-06, 11:10 AM
FFS someone lock this post before it erupts again, leave the ****ing lad alone