PDA

View Full Version : loads of understeer

the_welsh_Tango
21-07-06, 11:59 PM
car is suffering with loads of under steer

cant boot it round a round about fast or just spins and slides any1 know what cousing this tyers are new :thumb:

Ste L
22-07-06, 12:01 AM
xe's are front heavy... thats kind of add's to it

ade
22-07-06, 12:04 AM
its front wheel drive so its gonna be crap anyway - whats the offset of the alloys? what kind of tyres are they (size/profile etc)

Cant be as bad as the Vectra on Top Gear last week - jesus that was dangerous!

lol

the_welsh_Tango
22-07-06, 12:09 AM
lol i dunno mate id give it a good go for its money:wtf:

not sure on the offset of the alloys but i think the wheel size is 55/185/r14

booted it today in 3rd off a roundabut and just slid and made a nice clowd of smoke and slid mark lol

was fun drifting but not good when u raceing :cry:

draper
22-07-06, 06:32 AM
lol i dunno mate id give it a good go for its money:wtf:

not sure on the offset of the alloys but i think the wheel size is 55/185/r14

booted it today in 3rd off a roundabut and just slid and made a nice clowd of smoke and slid mark lol

was fun drifting but not good when u raceing :cry:

wouldnt class understeer as drifting myself.......................

id try some better tyres, or change your driving style

Stuart
22-07-06, 08:48 AM
FFFFFFFFFSSSSSSS the vectra was driven badly deliberately!!!!!

your tyres may well be upto the job but they will need a few hundred miles scrubbing in to get all the release agent off etc.

Also get your gemoetry checked.

and maybe reconsider your driving style to maximise what your car can give you....

then plate diff the slut

nathan.
22-07-06, 04:14 PM
Boot it round roundabouts are you'll get understeer in most cars.lol

draper
22-07-06, 04:52 PM
FFFFFFFFFSSSSSSS the vectra was driven badly deliberately!!!!!

didnt know you stuttered stuart lol

JSeymour
22-07-06, 06:05 PM
suspension stiffness comes into it, if the front is to hard......

Dan
22-07-06, 06:15 PM
tbh seymour alot of it will be down to driver awareness and common sense. that isnt meant to be disrespectful in anyway but generally has alot to do with it as certain cars have to be driven a certain way. An example would be a young lad moves on from his 1l and gets an sr with a few tweeks and complains it wheels spins everywhere, its not the car doing it as it still isnt a 'monster' as such, its just it has bit of extra grunt and he cant handle it/hasnt learnt how to drive the car within its capabilities. Crap example but we have all seen the threads around

ASWELL as that choice of tyres can be a bad move and then after that its down to what stu has mentioned about geometry and general setup/condition of bushes etc etc Again as stu said, maybe contemplate fitting a diff to help the cornering speeds.

Stanley
22-07-06, 06:22 PM
stick toyo's on it and lay off the loud pedal, sorted :thumb:

there is a lot to be said for driving style when riving a reasonably powerful car

there was a guide type thing on 5th gear last week where one of the presenters was very right footed and loved drifting this lambo everywhere. by teaching him how to feed power in properly and brake smoothly, he shaved about 6 secs off his lap time

something to think about.......

mikey14sr
22-07-06, 06:28 PM
I very rarely get wheelspin coming out of corners, even on the track, being progressive with the throttle is the key. as for understeer, there are lots of things that could cause it to be excessive like worn suspension parts and bad geometry, incidently, what tyres have you put on?

SuperNova!
23-07-06, 12:04 AM
I have 185 55 14s Toyo Proxies realy good tyres,