PDA

View Full Version : MVaux

General Baxter
20-07-06, 05:26 PM
i know theres a thread on mig but im not reading the gajullion pages

im thinking of turboing the x16xe (everyone goes for TB's i like to be diff)

using his turbo kit and the inlet with looks like the one from the nova gsi (you know the one)

Turbo kit for Opel - Vauxhall C16XE/X16XE(1.6 16V, or 1.4 16V) engine:

-Turbo iron cast X16XE manifold ?135
-Oil flange pipe for bolt in turbocharger(oil-out system) ?8
-Oil flange nipple for bolt in turbocharger(oil-in system) ?8
-T2 series Turbocharger with internal wastegate ?280
-Braided pipe for oil ?20
-Niple for oil feed in oil pump ?8
-Oi metal pipe for weld in sump(for alloy sump): ?14
-Oil return hose for connect oil pipe of turbo to oil pipe of sump ?8
-Elbow flange ?20
-Commom dump valve nice sound and visual: ?30
-Special AFPR(two fuel setups, special made for get a engine turboed using the standard management system. You can configure a perfect fuel demand before and after boost): ?48

Total cost of parts: ?579
Packet weight: ~17kg

alltho i would not use the oil nipple and weld in return pipe i would use a sandwich plate

just wondering how realiable this set up would be even if i run it on low psi?

mvaux said this kit is good for upto 200bhp, yeah right lol

General Baxter
20-07-06, 05:28 PM
regal do a turbo kit for the x16xe but for mega money is that worth it due to there knowlage
http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/asps/ShowDetails.asp?id=5421

Mike
20-07-06, 05:29 PM
You should read the thread on Mig nick, they bang on about realiability in there! :thumb:

General Baxter
20-07-06, 05:30 PM
link me up then, im lazy lol

Stuart
20-07-06, 05:33 PM
tbh id rather run that WITH aftermarket management.... dual rate FPR's etc jsut seem such a bodge

General Baxter
20-07-06, 05:38 PM
tbh id rather run that WITH aftermarket management.... dual rate FPR's etc jsut seem such a bodge

but will it run fine with a duel fpr untill i save my pennys (about a month lol) till i could get aftermarket management?

General Baxter
20-07-06, 05:43 PM
Can use the standard ECU yes, because on my kit are included the special AFPR, that will give correct fuel amount on boost phase.

The last X16XE turboed with my kit, made near 185bhp of power running at low 10 psi. On standard ECU and without intercooler.
If you increase the boost range, can over 200bhp range without much dificult..the problem is the standard engine internals(pistons and conrods). Beucase this, for standard internals, i should you stop on 180bhp power range.
Cheers,
Matheus S. Almeida

ummmmm

craig green
20-07-06, 05:53 PM
General. I started a very thread on MIG last week about this.

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/vauxhall/mechanical-electrical/273573-what-engine-turbocharge.html

enjoy.

General Baxter
20-07-06, 06:13 PM
thats a really good read, (bookmarked) :)

after just flipping a coin its a turbo route

TommySR
20-07-06, 11:42 PM
i was also interested in this but was told by a number of people it was a waste of time but i want a turbo but cannot afford to insure the C20LET

Adam
20-07-06, 11:54 PM
Your insurance company may turn you away when you mention you've DIY turbo'd your engine,Lol.

Stuart
21-07-06, 08:11 AM
the kits look fine to me, jsut the gash dual rate FPR setup worries me somewhat but hey lol.

mind you the best turbo conversion kit in the world is onlya s good as the person who fits and sets it up. And the rest of the engine spec to suit, eg lower Cr (PROPERLY none of this 2 headgasket crap)

Adam
21-07-06, 01:19 PM
Mathues does cheap forged Low CR pistons too.

craig green
21-07-06, 01:30 PM
I wouldnt mind betting the 'gash' dual rate FPR can cope with a moderate, but rapid by UK standards of 10psi or so.

Ideally I'd be on Autronic or Megasquirt but I'd use the Mvaux FPR as a short term solution. Using old injectors is far more risky IMO.

Mvaux kit on this btw

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/turbocraig/bits4sale/Novabits008.jpg

Austin_Nova16
21-07-06, 02:48 PM
Ideally I'd be on Autronic or Megasquirt but I'd use the Mvaux FPR as a short term solution. Using old injectors is far more risky IMO.

Autronic and megasquirt are hardly in the same league though! Plus, like stu says with the engine...the management is only really as good as the mapper. Would be OMEX 710 for me as the nearest rolling road to me are gods with that stuff..
Plus, old injectors can be ultra-sonically cleaned and checked that they are working correctly...

Stuart
21-07-06, 03:21 PM
lol i as about to say the same thing, MS and autronic are so far appart its not really funny..

its down to the mapper and RR you use. you pick one they rock with and you go with that (assuming it does what you want)

craig green
21-07-06, 04:15 PM
Autronic and megasquirt are hardly in the same league though! Plus, like stu says with the engine...the management is only really as good as the mapper.
Plus, old injectors can be ultra-sonically cleaned and checked that they are working correctly...

I know. I'm trying to capture imagination accross the board. Good results could be achieved from both.
Again I am fully aware that injectors can be cleaned. Ive got a set here that cost me a small fortune to have done. I was trying to highlight how they could be taken for granted as working properly.

Austin_Nova16
21-07-06, 04:38 PM
Sure...I see your point.

Shame about your cleaned injectors costing you loads...guess it depends where you go (or who you know! lol)

General Baxter
21-07-06, 07:34 PM
anybody know if iv got to move the oil filter?