PDA

View Full Version : wiring issues fitting C16Xe to GSi

craig green
20-07-06, 11:40 AM
How different is the wiring, regarding fitting a Corsa GSi lump into a Nova GSi?

Will it have an immobiliser built into the ECU etc & how is this got around?

Tried searching for this info btw.

CG

Phil GTE
20-07-06, 12:09 PM
c16xe doesn't have the immob - its the other 16xe's that need the key

most of the loom is self contained, its linking the multi-plug (like green wire for rev counter etc) off the ECU loom which is about 9 wires. Its fairly stright forward (being seperate from the headlight loom etc), although I 'm yet to finishing mine...............

Adam
20-07-06, 03:43 PM
Its the same kind of thing as a XE conversion for the wiring, connecting the red-live
black-ign
green-rev
blue-coolant guage
blue/red-fuel pump etc.

As phil said, they dont have the transponder system, only the later x16xe had that.

craig green
20-07-06, 04:14 PM
Cool. I'm not too worried but I last did a 2litre XE 4 yrs ago & my memory isnt the best for details.

Is it just a matter of looking beyond the multiplug on my GSi bulkhead & mating said wires to the Corsa loom plug?

Might try & get a Corsa (bulkhead style) loom plug to mate to the engine loom I'm getting to do a pukka job, unless they are the same??

Adam
20-07-06, 04:34 PM
Yup, just joining the corsa plug into your cars loom.
You could cut the plug off the corsa car car loom, and then could keep a pluggable loom by wiring the nova into one side of the plug and keeping the engine loom on the other plug.

Nova GSi plug im pretty certain would be different to c16xe, different management, sensors etc.

novalew
02-09-06, 08:43 PM
what about doin this in a carbed nova (previous 1.2)
do i use the same wires? have i gou the same wires?