View Full Version : Corsa/Nova gear linkage assembly

craig green
19-07-06, 10:44 AM
Are they the same from car to car?

re C16XE into Nova using Corsa F15 box.

CG

loggyboy
19-07-06, 10:51 AM
Are you talking about the pivot arm on the rear gearbox mount?
IIRC they are the same.
the shortned linkages you can buy are nova/corsa 'universal' so that would dictate that they are the same.
However if you just installed a corsda gearbox, you have probly retained the nova gearbox mount, so it will be the same, and nova linkages are the same thoughout the whole range (allthough i couldnt be 100% about diesel engines as ive never owned one)

craig green
19-07-06, 11:24 AM
Think I get that.

What I want to know is, will the engine/gearbox from a Corsa GSi fit to my Nova without requiring another gear linkage?

Ive sold all my 1.6 8v bits off & just wandering if the Corsa linkage etc is suitable?

loggyboy
19-07-06, 01:23 PM
So do you currently have a standard nova gearlinkage in the car? if so then yes, the corsa gearbox will fit straight to it.
(either way, im pretty sure the corsa linkage is the same as the novas anyway so you should be ok)

Adam
19-07-06, 02:07 PM
The corsa f15 box will go straight on the nova, using the nova linkage.

loggyboy
19-07-06, 02:11 PM
just re reading his post - he has no nova linkage, just the one thats gonna come with the corsa engine (which i assume means he has no nova rear gearbox mount) - The corsa linkage arm is the same (as thatis replaced by the quick shift and they are the same on novas and corsas), so im assuming the rest is of the linkage is the same, but is the rear gearbox mount?
Any 1 confirm?

Adam
19-07-06, 02:18 PM
Rear gearbox mount is different.

craig green
19-07-06, 04:49 PM
Ive got the mounts (metal & rubbers) from the Nova.

It is the linkage I'm missing. We'll see. I'm picking up a C16XE tomorrow night.

Philsutton
19-07-06, 06:37 PM
corsa linkage is different