PDA

View Full Version : Rev Counter

Anonymous
19-06-01, 05:12 PM
I have got a 1.2 merit, 1987 D reg.
I want to fit some dials on it which have rev counter on them.
How do i do this?
I mean... Is there anything i need to do to get a rev counter to work or is the wiring likely to be there already just needs plugging in?

Cheers for any help you may be able to give.

** Please Don't Spank Me TOO Hard... I Didn't Mean To Honest!!! **

Anonymous
19-06-01, 06:19 PM
im selling a set of sr clocks they got a rev counter and also have white dials in them

Anonymous
19-06-01, 06:34 PM
quanto es amigo?

errr... i mean...
How much mate?
Where are ya?

Anonymous
19-06-01, 09:06 PM
send a wire from the terminal behind the SR dials,and run it to the coil,on one it will work,on the other it dont( I think) guess its the same on other rev counters,I got a 1.2 merit on an F plate...

Anonymous
19-06-01, 09:42 PM
i have a set from a nova sting, a set from a late sr(led on petrol guage) and i might have a set from a early sr. i think both the screens have small cracks on them.

Anonymous
21-06-01, 01:57 AM
If you get the 6-clock set, you'll also need the oil-pressure sender unit to make the oil-pressure gauge work.

The Sting, Antibes and newer GL models have the 6-hole, 4-clock dash, which looks the same except that the top too dials are not dials...just warning lights, but they still have the rev-counter.

If you want the oil-pressure and battery voltage gauges as well, you'll need the dash from an old-GL, SR or GTE.

Anonymous
21-06-01, 05:00 PM
not bothered about all that stuff... just wanna see my revs...