PDA

View Full Version : Gsi clocks

novamadman
17-07-06, 03:16 AM
I know theres only been about a million posts about gsi clocks into nova but can someone tell me exactly what to do so i can do it right the first time. thanks

few questions

1) back of clocks you have your plug which plugs into clocks. On some novas there is a green wire ( correct me ) that is taped up if there is no rev clocks so if rev clocks are fitted it is there - if it is there - where do i wire it on clocks, is there a space or something? or does it wire to the plug and then just plug into clocks, if so where abouts on plug does it connect to. If the wire is not there, where do i run the wire from and to.

2) the mileage on my car is 24000 miles or something, dont have a clue what the mileage is on the gsi clocks but im pretty sure its different. So is there anyway i can change the mileage on my gsi clocks to the actual mileage of the car??

last question - does it tell me all this in the haynes manual lol

cheers in advance

shane

bump
17-07-06, 09:05 AM
No it doesn't tell you all this in the Haynes manual. Are you swapping same MK clocks over, eg mk2 standard for mk2 gsi? If so it will be easy as they run on the same plugs. if not then you'll need the plug and chop it in colour for colour. the green tacho feed will already be in the clock plug it just won't be connected at the coil end, it just needs placing on the free terminal on the coil.

I'll pm you later on about milage.

Cheers

Bump

Ste L
17-07-06, 12:43 PM
on mk2.. im guessing thats what it is...

just swap the plugs on to the dash, should have a lose wire for oil pressure gauge, and it will work fully inc rev counter...

if you want oil pressure gauge to work, you will need a 2pin sender unit, and jusyt connect the extra lose wire up to it, where the sender goes

Adam
17-07-06, 01:06 PM
Changing the mileage is pi** easy ;)

corsajanus
17-07-06, 01:38 PM
Changing the mileage is pi** easy ;)

can yo explane it for me?
Or is it one of tose thing you dont say in public?:p

Ste L
17-07-06, 01:40 PM
you answered your question yourself there ;)

corsajanus
17-07-06, 01:51 PM
Can some of you tell me on PM?
Im not shure how to do, and it will be wery bad if i broke somthing in the clock.

Best regards
Janus

bump
17-07-06, 04:54 PM
you have PM