PDA

View Full Version : Disapointed - janspeed

novamadman
17-07-06, 02:45 AM
Finally after changing two starter motors, doing an awful lot of ****ing about with wiring, changing fuel pump afew times, timing e.t.c e.t.c got the engine started the other night - all good so far bar the carb so pretty happy. But was really disapointed with sound of exhaust. mild steel ashly 4 branch mated to full brand new stainless janspeed exhaust. granted its for a 13sr and its only a 1200 engine but it has had quite a bit of headwork and is run by a weber 32/34 so was expecting a bit more than a low drone

or am i wrong

and stainless exhast i have heard seems to have a raspy note off it this doesnt.

maybe its a good thing that the only thing i have to worry about is that the exhaust isnt sounding as i expected lol

anyone else had similar experience

shane

TommySR
17-07-06, 10:18 AM
Had a Janspeed full system on my old 1400SR with 4 branch and that sounded quite flat aswell, got a Magnex full stainless on my SRi at the minute which is totally standard and its very loud and very raspy! lol

loggyboy
17-07-06, 10:21 AM
The magnex on my SRi sounds very quiet (system designed for SR and standard SR downpipe)
Where as my old SRi had an ashley system and sounded loud as **** (SRi downpipe)

Its not about the sounds anyway ;)

TommySR
17-07-06, 10:29 AM
^^ True, but ive always preferred a nice loud sound on my cars, just brings a smile to my face lol

db_1.2
17-07-06, 10:42 AM
Ive heard from ,local bad boys that ashley is the best to use, but i dont really know personally.

What you need is one of those stupidly big exhuast's from halfords!:p

TommySR
17-07-06, 10:44 AM
lol, yeah get about 4 Savage universal backboxes to get that sweet, crisp, fart in a bean can sound and everyone down your local car park will give you big respect for havin them aswell :thumb:

Ste L
17-07-06, 12:41 PM
The magnex on my SRi sounds very quiet (system designed for SR and standard SR downpipe)

Its not about the sounds anyway ;)

i had a magnex for my old sri, with de-cat, and it was cery quiet...

got the same system on my 2.0 16v nova, and its still very quiet, just nice and deep

scott.parker
17-07-06, 12:55 PM
i had a magnex for my old sri, with de-cat, and it was cery quiet...

got the same system on my 2.0 16v nova, and its still very quiet, just nice and deep

It's all to do with the engine you have and how it's aspired...

As my xe sounded raspy on the system i have now when it was on std inlet injection..

But now on the tb's it sounds like a totaly diffrent car....:D

Scott

Adam
17-07-06, 01:03 PM
How many boxes do Janspeed systems have?

I have a ashley 4branch, and a ashley full system on my 1200, and tbh, its louder than the stereo when on the motorway, hard to talk to anyone in the back of the car etc lol

scott.parker
17-07-06, 01:15 PM

I have a ashley 4branch, and a ashley full system on my 1200, and tbh, its louder than the stereo when on the motorway, hard to talk to anyone in the back of the car etc lol

Rear passengers what are they....:eek:

novamadman
17-07-06, 01:16 PM

my m8 had a full ashley on his sri from downpipe and it wasnt raspy, it was quite loud and deep drone. But like i said most stainless exhausts ive heard are really raspy and sharp

Its flippin straight through which is quite strange that there not much noise. The back box just has a little bend in it and holes drilled but it is straight through like. And the same with the middle box just has holes drilled.

Ah well maybe it will get louder :tard:

shane

Adam
17-07-06, 01:19 PM
Rear passengers what are they....:eek:
Remember, those seat things you can put in the back of your car? lol To carry people?
Is it only me with rear seats around here?lol

Adam
17-07-06, 01:22 PM
my m8 had a full ashley on his sri from downpipe and it wasnt raspy, it was quite loud and deep drone. But like i said most stainless exhausts ive heard are really raspy and sharp

Its flippin straight through which is quite strange that there not much noise. The back box just has a little bend in it and holes drilled but it is straight through like. And the same with the middle box just has holes drilled.

Ah well maybe it will get louder :tard:

shane
It should get louder as it beds in, and gets carboned up.
Im thinking of selling my Ashley, and get something stainless steel and quieter.

scott.parker
17-07-06, 01:29 PM
Remember, those seat things you can put in the back of your car? lol To carry people?
Is it only me with rear seats around here?lol

Lmao mine have been gathering dust down the side of my wardrobe over the last year or so...

Infact once i shift my ass and fit a cage and buckets i will probably sell the lot door cads as well.

Scott

Ste L
17-07-06, 01:38 PM
As my xe sounded raspy on the system i have now when it was on std inlet injection..
Scott

mine's on standard injection, and its not raspy at all :confused:

but near enough every other xe nova i've heard that mates have got, are raspy :wtf:

scott.parker
17-07-06, 01:43 PM
mine's on standard injection, and its not raspy at all :confused:

but near enough every other xe nova i've heard that mates have got, are raspy :wtf:

Wel it was raspyer then now but not like seans was on his ashly..

Come on ste think...think you have seen my car last year at traxlol it was still on std injection etc.

Scott

Ste L
17-07-06, 01:56 PM
that was nearly a year ago scott, i cant even remember what i did on my birthday this year in march..

old age is now getting to me lol

Matt2107
17-07-06, 02:02 PM
The back box just has a little bend in it and holes drilled but it is straight through like. And the same with the middle box just has holes drilled.

shane

Will that not mess up the back pressure?

Adam
17-07-06, 02:08 PM
Think he means the silencer, they have holes drilled in and silencer wool stuff in iirc.
Not like baffles.

All/most back pressure is built up in the manifold/downpipe, your car would probably run fine with no exhaust system on at all, just the manifold/downpipe.

scott.parker
17-07-06, 02:11 PM
Think he means the silencer, they have holes drilled in and silencer wool stuff in iirc.
Not like baffles.

All/most back pressure is built up in the manifold/downpipe, your car would probably run fine with no exhaust system on at all, just the manifold/downpipe.

It will run alright.....but no one in the street will like you..lol

Ste L
17-07-06, 02:13 PM
It will run alright.....but no one in the street will like you..lol

mine doesn't like not having an exhaust lol

flexi joint snapped the otherday on the way to work, had really bad flat spots, didn't want to pull, from low down, not sure if it was me, not trying to rev it, due to being soooo loud

Adam
17-07-06, 02:21 PM
I ran mine with just a 4branch on, had to move my car off the drive, so went for a spin around the block, was loud yeah, but it drove normal lol

scott.parker
17-07-06, 02:51 PM
Some cas engines can cope with no system,others they strugle.

Scott

Philsutton
17-07-06, 03:22 PM
i have a jetex on my corsa, its so so quiet until it comes on boost but then thats the turbo not the exhaust.

only time i'll have someone in the back of mine is if im on my way to some woods to bury them.

TommySR
17-07-06, 09:36 PM
ionly time i'll have someone in the back of mine is if im on my way to some woods to bury them.

:thumb: lol

Matt2107
18-07-06, 01:07 PM
Lol.... show's what I know.