PDA

View Full Version : my car doesnt seem the same

mdibb
16-07-06, 09:53 PM
hi all,
been driving around a bit today and my car doesnt seem to go aswell as it did a few days ago,before i could put my foot down and the speed would pick up quite quickly,now it seems to take quite a lot longer than before to get the speed up.
any ideas ?
thanks a lot

(2.0 8v nova by the way)

General Baxter
16-07-06, 09:57 PM
does it 'blip'

plant your foot no power, then it picks up around 1-2 seconds later?

Dan
16-07-06, 10:12 PM
yep thats called being used to the car and expecting more each time even tho nothing has changed.

I'm awful for this myself as a few know, normally when an event is coming up or when i go to pod etc my car becomes the biggest pile of poo around. Slow as feck and just plain crap, yet when i get to where i am going and insist it still feels crap it defies all laws and smacks down times or performance equal or above what it normally does.

Admittedly i have had my engine for so many years that even when i loose 4-5bhp top end i can feel the loses and where they are which comes into the realms of proper fussy, again as a few know all to well lmfao

mdibb
16-07-06, 11:02 PM
thaks for the replies,yes the car does blip,what will this be caused by ?
thanks again

Adam
17-07-06, 12:46 AM
Have you changed anything since it seemed to run fine?

mdibb
17-07-06, 01:28 PM
no mate,nothing at all

scott.parker
17-07-06, 02:07 PM
humm...

check your plugs and leads?
any loose earth wires?
used supper unleaded and changed back to noral unleaded?
fuel line/fillter blockage?

Scott

craig green
18-07-06, 12:49 PM
Hot weather & induction kit?

take it for a razz tonight after 10pm.

mdibb
18-07-06, 10:25 PM
it seems to be when the revs are low that it 'blips' and seems to take longer for the car to get high up the revs,where as before i would just put my foot down and there would be no hesitation,it would just shoot up.checked all earth wires,plugs and leads....any more ideas apart from the fuel filter as scott says ?
craig,just got home and the cars still the same.
cheers