PDA

View Full Version : Changing Final Drive

Geth
16-07-06, 08:18 PM
Due to a rather surprising and fortunate change in cirumstances I now have the option of changing the final drive in my F13cr box without having to worry about fuel consumption.

I was just wondering if this is a job that can be done with the gearbox in situ. I have 5" deep pit in my garage which gives good access to the underside of the car, same as having the car on a ramp really. It would be great if I could do this without taking the box out as I only put the thing in last weekend.

Any advice apreciated.

Cheers

Bassboy

Adam
17-07-06, 12:52 AM
It can be done yes, but obviously its much easier with the box removed.

novamadman
17-07-06, 01:01 AM
would be a lot easier done with the box out but i imagine it wouldnt be too bad in either - pull the cluster out the side and change the pinion, drop your diff out and change crown wheel shouldnt be too bad when you think about it

could be a right ******* getting cluster back in sideways as there is a little washer or spacer or what ever it is that has to be in a certain position when sliding the cluster in and its hard enough to do upright never mind sideways

shane

Stuart
17-07-06, 08:46 AM
imho its jsut as easy with the box in place.

look on the PVG site in the modding/articles bit for my FD swap guide as its shafted on here and i cant repost it as its too long lol