PDA

View Full Version : Engine Fault

Anonymous
01-03-01, 04:21 PM
I have a 1.2L engine (according to log book) which does not appear in my workshop manual. The engine looks similar to the 1litre in the manual and has push rods and a carb. It has become difficult to start in cold/damp weather and now and again loses power and cuts out when I am driving at a fairly constant speed, it also loses power momentarily when pulling away from traffic lights, not every time but often enough X-(. I have replaced all HT leads, distributor cap and rotor arm and have had carb adjusted by a mechanic. Any ideas?, I came across a problem similar to this from Dazzanova in the archives does it seem the same to you. Any comments will be welcome as it is becoming a real pain in butt.

Cheers

MB

Anonymous
01-03-01, 06:21 PM
ok do u mean the engine looks like the ohv 1 litre?
if it does than your car has been fitted with a 1.2 lump from a old astra. honestly mate if this is the case u would be better off geting a cheap 1.3/1.4 lump and dticking it in as there a lot more reliable (the ohv engines were used in the chevettes!)

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
01-03-01, 06:35 PM
Try replacing ur fuel filter m8!!!

Anonymous
01-03-01, 08:29 PM
It does look like the ohv engine :( I think i'll just change it to a 1.4 SR! Could anyone tell me how much i should pay for a standard 1.4 SR engine in good condition???

Anonymous
01-03-01, 08:31 PM
I meant to ask, what else would I need for the conversion??

Cheers

Anonymous
01-03-01, 11:32 PM
It you get a carbed engine, it's a simple job, but what gear box is on?
4-speed, or 5?

I think the engine will mate up with either, but you may as well get a 5 speed box if you've not got one, whilst your at it.

I can't think of owt else you'd need for the conversion - I didn't need anything when I swapped my 1.2 for a 1.3.....it was a case of one out, and the other in. Simple.

It may be different in your case though, with this ohv engine - the mounts may be different, so can't be sure my self.
Someone will know.

Anonymous
02-03-01, 11:20 AM
just exhaust

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am Sat - 11pm Sun ---

Anonymous
02-03-01, 11:58 AM
thanks lads :)