PDA

View Full Version : Tribute

craig0120
16-07-06, 02:21 PM
The following link will take you to a 9min video made as a tribute to Formula 1 participants, including the marshalls, who died in the service of entertaining others and pushing the boundaries of motor-sport.

This video contains a few graphic scenes of which some may find upsetting or disturbing. View as your own discretion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORs-8GT6SMU

dont know what else to say apart from R.I.P

novamadman
16-07-06, 02:52 PM
thats a sad video

rip

shane

db_1.2
16-07-06, 03:11 PM
Very moving, espiecially that bloke that got hit crossing the track!

A pretty nasty video all in all

R.I.P

Lucky Luke!
16-07-06, 03:22 PM
My god.

R.I.P

Geth
16-07-06, 03:52 PM
That is very upsetting to see. The Roger Williamson clip is says it all really, with the other driver trying to climb under the burning car in an attempt to push it back on to its wheels. It's really quite breathtaking.

That is the kind of passion and camaraderie that made me first fall in love with motor sport as a young child, something that has been missing in F1 since the days of Mansell and my childhood hero Ayrton Senna.

A sad end for very brave men.

RIP

db_1.2
16-07-06, 04:08 PM
I cant see him trying to clim out, no disrespect, only when you said i thought i would have a look, althought what i did see was one man run to the accident then follwed by two others who watched the whole thing! Quite angering to see that the one in the suit who ran over to the accident just stood there.

Geth
16-07-06, 05:41 PM
:wtf: I never said I saw anyone trying to climb out

db_1.2
16-07-06, 05:43 PM
Ohhhhhh climb under, sorry

Geth
16-07-06, 05:45 PM
Watch closely and you can see him trying to get his shoulder under the car to push it over. Maybe climb under was a bit of an exageration but still a damn brave thing to do.

db_1.2
16-07-06, 05:58 PM
Agreed

TommySR
16-07-06, 06:09 PM
very shocking and graphic video

Lee
16-07-06, 06:22 PM
Very sobering.

RJM25R
17-07-06, 05:48 PM
Just a morbid video

Jack
17-07-06, 09:49 PM
Not all that graphic - but then I've seen WRC crashes that have been far worse, especially the Group B accidents. The format was cancelled as it was too dangerous!

Although people wonder why F1 and WRC - in fact almost any motorsport - has such tight restrictions these days...

Mike
17-07-06, 10:06 PM
Holy sh1t! My god, that one very sobering video and certainly brings home the dangers or racing! Wether its legal or not!

R.I.P some of the best racing drivers the world has seen!

treeted
17-07-06, 11:57 PM
can only hope that fro most of them it was over very quickly with little suffering. Unfortunately for Paletti it looks like it was the fire that killed him. Must be a horrible way to die.

R.I.P to all of them

Geth
18-07-06, 12:03 AM
Not all that graphic - but then I've seen WRC crashes that have been far worse, especially the Group B accidents. The format was cancelled as it was too dangerous!

Although people wonder why F1 and WRC - in fact almost any motorsport - has such tight restrictions these days...

I was thinking the same thing. At least you can notice in the video how the gaps in fatalities increases as it goes through the years. And DC still complains about having to wear a HANS device, ****er.

Those group B car were amazing yet stupid at the same time. It was inevitable that people were going start dying really.

And lets not forget Michael 'beef' Park who died 10 months ago in Margam doing what he loved with the people he loved.

RIP Beef.