PDA

View Full Version : De-everythinged

Anonymous
09-02-01, 07:36 PM
Hay people. I am gonna delock my car,and as both doors need respraying i am also thinking of removing and smooting over the handles as well, leaving the opening of the doors to the alarm keyfob. Am i right in thinking i have to weld a plate over the holes to stop the filler cracking? and is it gonna be awkward to fill the handle hole?

Anonymous
09-02-01, 09:11 PM
dont you need a solenoid on the door to make it open with the alarm??

Anonymous
09-02-01, 09:17 PM
yeah u do need a solonoid :)

Anonymous
10-02-01, 12:27 AM
yeah i know that. the wiring it in to the alarm so it opens is not a problem, i just need to know about filling the hole and the best method.

Anonymous
10-02-01, 09:25 AM
everyone I have spoken to about this has said that it is no more difficult to weld a plate over the handle hole, as it is to weld a plate over the lock hole.

Anonymous
10-02-01, 05:14 PM
I've delocked mine, I just put fibreglass on the back and fillered over it, no signs of cracking so far

Anonymous
10-02-01, 06:19 PM
yeah just put sum fibreglass sheeting over the back if u cant be arsed with welding

thing is its supposed to be a mot fail if the drivers door cant open by mechanical means?

might just be a rumour though

Anonymous
11-02-01, 05:39 PM
I heard that yesterday when i checked with a mate of mine. I think they changed the MOT regulations not long ago, stating that there must be a mechanical means of opening. if that is the case then i probably wont bother. i will still de lock it though, and just colour code the handles instead. Thanx for the help peeps.

PaulCartwright
07-12-02, 06:28 PM
What about the tvr cerbera, no handles and electric switches in the mirrors! as far as i'm aware there just need's to be some way of opening the car from outside.