PDA

View Full Version : Polybushes - The Way forward

Geth
13-07-06, 11:36 PM
Finaly got the Nova back on the road today after fitting my new polybushes and F13cr gear box.

The gearbox is great and definatly worth the ?30 I spent. I'm using a modest 3.76 FD in it as it is still being used quite a lot as an every day car but still a marked improvement in accelaration and driveabilaty.

Polybushes on the otherhand... I'd read all the marketing and the threads about them on here but still wasn't sure if they going to be worth the money. But after taking the car out earlier, well, what can I say apart from... Woohoooo! The Nova is feeling like a totaly new car and I'm loving it :D

Stuart
14-07-06, 07:52 AM
cool :)

3.74 fd.... eek lol mind you thats good fro top end ;) maybe go to a 394 to keep a resonable top end but get better accel..

as for the bushes even std rubber ones would seem amazing compared to 13yr old min rubber :D Can you write up how you fitted yours and ill add it to the bush fitting guide and set that all up again

novamadman
14-07-06, 01:25 PM
sounds good,

change the final drive for even better acc.,

what gearbag did u have in before?

shane

Geth
14-07-06, 05:53 PM
I was using an F10 with 3.94 fd before. It was an absalute pig to drive because 5th gear was to high and I had to be driving at 90mph in 4th before I could change into 5th.

Today on my way home from work I put it in 5th at 65mph and it saw me right through to 110mph (I don't normally drive that fast on public roads but I had to test it didn't I). I'm sure there was a bit more top end speed there but I could see a cop car in front so slowed down.

I may fit my 3.94 FD next week but I have to consider fuel consumption as well :(

Stu, Ill write up my polybush fitting instructions again with some better detail and add some piccys of the make shift press I made. I should be able to e mail it over to you on the weekend.

ade
15-07-06, 12:35 AM
bassboy! copy in in on the poly bush fitting guide - plan to do mine very soon.