PDA

View Full Version : not a morning car.

Anonymous
05-02-01, 09:59 AM
ok my car wont start in the morning , it recently got stolen and returned to me. It had all the usual problems like broken steering column and fucked ignition and door locks.but now after a proper service it wont start in the morning for ages . I have to keep the key turned in the ignition with my foot on the accelerator. After a while of doing this it usually starts but even after that it jumps and stutters and sometimes stalls. It never did this before , please help .

Anonymous
05-02-01, 10:39 AM
Sounds like the choke, is it manual or automatic?

Anonymous
05-02-01, 11:01 AM
its meant to be automatic . do you really reckon thats what it is?

Anonymous
05-02-01, 01:31 PM
You can buy a kit to change it to a manual choke which is the best option, thats if it is the choke, but they are known to be crap? Impossible for me to tell from behind my PC, it could also be a damp problem causing spark problems?

Anonymous
05-02-01, 02:02 PM
ok nice one for the help fella . atleast Ive got something to tell my mechanic.

Anonymous
05-02-01, 07:51 PM
hmm its not what u want to hear but if the car was stolen then its a good bet its been hammerd to fuck in 1st gear for a "laugh" or sumthing try changing the plugs as it the engine could have been running mega hot and fucked em up sum (whip em out and check the colour etc etc also is it using water loads or anything like that?

1st thing in the morning whip your filter off (while the engine is still freezing) and press the throtle once if the chokes shagged then it wont move if it dosnt then move the flap round by hand and try to start it if it runs okay then try stripping and cleaning it all up

Anonymous
06-02-01, 11:23 AM
nice 1 mick

Anonymous
13-02-01, 05:11 AM
Bloody car steeling, skum sukking, dog fucking, arse licking twats!

At least you got your car back though.

Anonymous
13-02-01, 07:22 PM
mine was the same. there may be problemos witht the choke. ignition timing may be out but shouldn't be after a service. didi they check this? try spraying the dizzy cap with wd40. also pump the accelerator dont keep your foot on it. this will flood it and mess up the mixture ratio.