PDA

View Full Version : drilled filter

Anonymous
04-02-01, 04:07 PM
can some one explain how i would go about drilling the filter box or what ever it is you have to do. the car is a standard F-reg 1.3 SR

Anonymous
04-02-01, 05:10 PM
okay basically u drill holes round the outside ov the box to let more air in. what u musnt do is drill holes so the air can rush down the carb (the air needs to be filterd still to prevent nastyness!)

Anonymous
04-02-01, 05:28 PM
A better idear than drilling holes is to buy a large brillo pad from any shop (asda) for a couple of squid then remove your black box and strech the brillo pad out untill it covers the top of your carb and hold in pisition with tape megga performance boost (do it at own risk tho)

Anonymous
04-02-01, 06:12 PM
any chance someone can put a guide of how to do this air box drilling thing on the site, with a diagram so none of us fuck it up on our cars.
cheers

Anonymous
04-02-01, 08:38 PM
I'm wid u know!!!!!!!!!111 I thought u were on about drilling holes in the base ov ur air filter!!!11 I see what u mean now..............round the edge!
Just take out the retaining
screws in ur air box and lift it out making sure u've disconnected the breather hose, undoe the clips and remove the filter and put it in a clean place.then drill equilly spaced 10mm (or so)holes about half way down. Rmove all the swarf from the inside and put it back 2 together again.(opposite ov removal)..........or u could just put a K&N in it's place!!

Anonymous
05-02-01, 01:09 AM
not sure if it works with carbs.
Mingle

Anonymous
05-02-01, 06:43 PM
If you do it to a carbed nova you may have to rejet it?, more air will make it run leaner.