PDA

View Full Version : Compensator Valve

MARTIN KELSON
11-07-06, 07:11 PM
Hi,

After my little spin at Donnington Park i need to reduce my rear brakes. I already have a brake bias valve fitted and that wound to reduce the rear, but it still needs a little more.
I was told by Mark Beeson that the number on the compensator valve where the rear pipes mount to the master cyclinder, on mine its 3/35, you can get different ones. The lower the number the less rear brakes. Can anybody else confirm this? Not that i dont trust you Mark, just want to double check before i go on the hunt for a 3/30 or 3/27.

If this is correct anybody got one knocking about in garage? I believe there of either Nova van or saloon.

Cheers

Martin.

dan23
11-07-06, 07:29 PM
there was a nova van at my local scrappy its possible that i may be going on sat ,
describe what it looks like an were i find it an i will have a look if i go

dhdev (Oli)
11-07-06, 07:35 PM
Just grease up the rear discs lol (JOKING)

You could always try a cheaper/poorer performing rear pad and improve the front friction material. Or fitting a bias pedal box would eliminate the problem.
Or if you really wanna sort it, drums are what you need :thumb:

MARTIN KELSON
11-07-06, 08:03 PM
Where the brake pipes for the rear screw into the master cyclinder, there is a hexagonal tube abouut 2" long. Thats what i'am after, but with a lower number than 3/35.

Cheers Oli but not really the solution i was after!!

craig green
12-07-06, 12:39 PM
Releive the rear pads of some of there material, effectively reduce the friction area.

Think a mk3 Cav Sri (disc rear) has the compensators you need too.

dan23
12-07-06, 07:43 PM
it may have been a corsa van that i saw will this be the same ?

nathan.
12-07-06, 09:51 PM
Releive the rear pads of some of there material, effectively reduce the friction area.

Thats a little trick they do on rally cars