PDA

View Full Version : sri on twin 40's

womble sri
10-07-06, 09:49 PM
my sr has run out of mot now and im not sure if it will pass im gonna use my sri and was wondering if i can put the carbs on without much difficulty. would it just be a straight swap with the head and would there be any wiring involved? also whats the deal with the lamda can it be bypassed so i can use the sr manifold or will i have to have it modified. or am i just wasting my time and be better of running the mpi? will me cam be suitable its a piper bp300 and the powerband is up to 8k or something so woulod i have to remove the limiter?

Mike
10-07-06, 09:54 PM
well, the SRi has a better head to start with, but if youve got the irmscher inlet manifold i dont think it'll fit. Mine fits an SRi heads as its been ported and widend out to 32mm dia.

The cam should fit and the lamba sensor, just whack a bolt in the hole it leaves as the SR outlet manifold is different to the SRi one IIRC.

Thats all i know im afraid matey

womble sri
10-07-06, 10:13 PM
yeah cheers matey im runnig the sri head on my sr at the mo too iwas wondering about running it with the sri bottom end i.e what to with the wiring form the injectors and ignition.

Mike
10-07-06, 10:14 PM
rip it all out, well take it out rather. But i think you'll need the coil pack assembly as oppose to the dizzy less ignition (iirc) of an SRi?

Stuart
10-07-06, 10:50 PM
basically you take everything from your SR from the head up (inc dizzy and inlet) then drop onto the sri ;)

that is assuming you got an sri head for the sr a while back

womble sri
11-07-06, 06:24 PM
so all the old wires ect coming from the 'loom' i just snip and tape up i dont really want a bodge im gonna make this one mint

Adam
11-07-06, 06:26 PM
To tidy the bay you could remove every wire you didn't need.
OR just cut them and tie them up out the way.