PDA

View Full Version : Novaload...

krobinson
10-07-06, 06:53 PM
Its now over 7 Months since the new forum was put in place. How much longer until the rest of the site is working?

Keith

db_1.2
10-07-06, 07:16 PM
Lol i wouldnt mention it mate!

Whenever anyone mentions it the thread always gets closed, well mine did anyway:mad:

lol

Stuart
10-07-06, 07:18 PM
havent you got your new one to man love all over anyway?

krobinson
10-07-06, 08:53 PM

My new what? :wtf:

Just a general question - it cant take 7 months to merge a forum to the rest of a website, no matter how busy someone is.

Keith

Stuart
10-07-06, 09:08 PM
so if you had stuff to do and a life aswell then youd also have time to do something your not paid to do?

draper
10-07-06, 09:23 PM
i blame all this text typing that stuart has to sort out lol

NickWalliams
10-07-06, 09:28 PM
Im with keith on this one. I didnt pay a fiver for the fun of it

Mike
10-07-06, 09:38 PM
I didnt pay a fiver for the fun of it

Ha ha, get in! Now you know why im still a senior as oppose to a premium member lol lol

General Baxter
10-07-06, 09:49 PM

lol i get that :thumb:

db_1.2
10-07-06, 10:37 PM
And it only lasts a year doesnt it?

Youll have to pay another fiver by the time the gallerys back on!

Still cool site though for buying and selling and general discussion abotu novas, althought i did enjoy the gallery part as much as the next man, ive learnt to give it time and useless posts like this make no difference what so ever, i remember my post, Stu closed it!!! Hes so rude.

So anyone got a general idea for when the gallery is back on?!:p

Stuart
10-07-06, 10:40 PM
closed it because these things fcuking drag on and s you say make naff all difference....

infact if i was the one doing the work id deliberately stop when people ask/nag about it lol

db_1.2
10-07-06, 10:46 PM
closed it because these things fcuking drag on and s you say make naff all difference....

infact if i was the one doing the work id deliberately stop when people ask/nag about it lol
How would that make things better? thats just childish!

General Baxter
10-07-06, 10:49 PM
ban them, ban them all lol

Stuart
10-07-06, 10:51 PM
How would that make things better? thats just childish!

its pragmatic. Eg if people leave you to do something then it will be done faster than if your constantly being bugged. Well it works for me with managers and the customers at work :D

Adam
11-07-06, 12:18 AM
Would that many people miss the Features? :confused:

Mr_C
11-07-06, 12:23 AM
Why not just allowed premium members or paying member to post the cars in a "gallery" but allow everyone to view. This way Stu your maximising the amount of people who would likely sign up for premium membership :)

It did used to be good feature. Anyways I'm not whining I've liked the site since I joined it.

tappingt
11-07-06, 10:41 AM
iam with mr c on this one. its a good idea to allow only premium members to post their cars and for everyone to view. i enjoyed looking at different peoples ideas.

novaco
11-07-06, 11:18 AM
its also gets rd of the two tons of "pic request" posts that are always popping up

Lee
11-07-06, 11:36 AM
You all seem to think its Stu's responsibility to get the rest of the site running, when in fact he's only a moderator, and IMO he's the only Mod / Admin who appears to have any interest in keeping the site neat and tidy, so a bit more respect needed IMO.

Although i do have the opinion that someone with an Interest in the site should take over if the current Admin boys are too busy?

Ian
11-07-06, 05:13 PM
Me, Dan, cp etc have no access to sort the gallery im afraid, it is all down to Kev. I will try and direct him to this thread.

db_1.2
11-07-06, 05:27 PM
Me, Dan, cp etc have no access to sort the gallery im afraid, it is all down to Kev. I will try and direct him to this thread.

The most helpful thing written on this thread!:thumb:

Mike
11-07-06, 05:27 PM
The most helpful thing written on this thread!:thumb:

Ditto! lol lol

Jack
11-07-06, 06:24 PM
If you need any help then I'm willing...

craig green
12-07-06, 12:15 PM
I thought the gallery was a good idea but was spoilt by all the ridiculous replies & insults laid down by Chavs, half of em never to be heard from again.

I say either restart them or bring them back minus all the replies.

I'm missing seeing mine as its the only pics I had of mine looking 100%.

CG

Matt2107
12-07-06, 12:55 PM
why not just have it without the comments at the bottom.

craig green
12-07-06, 01:01 PM
why not just have it without the comments at the bottom.

I say either restart them or bring them back minus all the replies.
CG

:thumb: Could begin a new gallery & anyone wanting to use there old pics should have 2 months to ask for the old pics to be put up or they get deleted forever. That way any non-users wont be taking up precious bandwidth with ageing 1.2 Novadose specials that actually got scrapped 3 yrs ago after it was deemed the Boss sound hifi was worth more than the car. lol

Mike
12-07-06, 01:40 PM
That way any non-users wont be taking up precious bandwidth with ageing 1.2 Novadose specials that actually got scrapped 3 yrs ago after it was deemed the Boss sound hifi was worth more than the car. lol

ha ha ha Novadose specials! I love it lol lol and Boss stereo equipment! Back to the old skool or what :D

ANDYRACER
12-07-06, 02:42 PM
7 months, bloody hell time flys. To be fair to Stu he seems to be the only mod on this whole site at time. He does do alot to keep it clean and tidy. :thumb:

Gunzi
12-07-06, 06:13 PM
I was wondering what happened to the galleries......

Mike.
12-07-06, 06:18 PM
Would that many people miss the Features? :confused:

well i know i don't miss the features

Nath
12-07-06, 06:28 PM
i do as the only pictures of my old nova are on there. and thats what brought me onto this site in the first place by looking through the galleries

craig green
13-07-06, 12:51 PM
Anyone in favour of forgetting all the old galleries & starting afresh with current users & members able to upload there pics & specs...

say aye?

Surely thats easier for admin than sorting the old nonsense.

Mike
13-07-06, 12:53 PM
Aye! lol lol

novamadman
13-07-06, 01:11 PM
Anyone in favour of forgetting all the old galleries & starting afresh with current users & members able to upload there pics & specs...

say aye?

Surely thats easier for admin than sorting the old nonsense.

aye i think its best, unless lik suggested above someone who is on the site more often than the current admin, and wants to do it, and knows how to do it, can recover the old galleries

shane

scott.parker
13-07-06, 01:18 PM
i do as the only pictures of my old nova are on there. and thats what brought me onto this site in the first place by looking through the galleries

hear hear.

Scott

Mike
13-07-06, 01:20 PM
hear hear.

Scott

True yeah, theres some pics of my car on here that are one and only's so to speak. :wtf:

novaco
13-07-06, 02:23 PM

ditto!

krobinson
13-07-06, 03:02 PM
Well - Any update?

Seems its not just me that thinks the site would be better with some form of gallery back!

Keith

kevw
13-07-06, 03:43 PM
I am working on it, sit tight

Should have some time this weekend to get some stuff done...

Kev

Mike
13-07-06, 03:48 PM
I am working on it, sit tight

Should have some time this weekend to get some stuff done...

Kev

Thank you Kev mate :D . I think you'll make a lot of other users happy, and I've noticed your location aswell lol lol

kevw
13-07-06, 03:49 PM
My new what? :wtf:

Just a general question - it cant take 7 months to merge a forum to the rest of a website, no matter how busy someone is.

Keith

LMAO. Just reading through this.

Theres no such word as can't.

I admit that if I did really really want to I could have fit it in somewhere but I haven't unfortunately....

The only time I have spare really is on weekends and I normally spend that enjoying myself rather than being stuck on a computer...

Kev.

Mike
13-07-06, 03:51 PM
spend that enjoying myself rather than being stuck on a computer...

Dont blame you at all on that one! :thumb:

Stuart
13-07-06, 06:16 PM
so then dont fecking rant about him not doing the work then :roll:

krobinson
13-07-06, 06:34 PM
LMAO. Just reading through this.

Theres no such word as can't.

I admit that if I did really really want to I could have fit it in somewhere but I haven't unfortunately....

The only time I have spare really is on weekends and I normally spend that enjoying myself rather than being stuck on a computer...

Kev.

I wasnt haveing a go at anyone, especially you Kev. The main problem is the fact that no ones mentioned it properly in months. And its probably something you never think about.

Be nice to see the rest of the site up and running again,

Good man,

Keith

Mike
13-07-06, 08:38 PM
so then dont fecking rant about him not doing the work then :roll:

In my case, try and find (in this thread) anywhere where i have ranted on about this. I know your comment doesnt just apply to me, but at first glance it looks that way lol

kevw
17-07-06, 02:03 PM
As promised I did some on it this weekend just gone.

The rest will come over the next couple of weeks (I go Ibiza in 2 weeks so plan to get it done before then)

Kev.